Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few new items...

I finally got to pick up a few saws at the Central VA GTG last weekend that I had remotely purchase but never seen. The first is a 5400 that fellow member Riprap picked up for me in North Carolina and brought up to me. Came with a 20" bar, I ran a 28" on it at the GTG.

Poulan5400clean_zps15ba4cb3.jpg

Also got a pair of 245's, one came with 3 other saws, 4 bars and a bow blade, the other I found on CL in Richmond. The 5400 has a bow clutch cover and one of the 245's does as well and I think I will use it on both of them at GTG's. Here they are together:

Poulan245s_zps4579196b.jpg

Also got a Super Deluxe 25 in the saw/bow deal as well.

PoulanSD25_zps3de25039.jpg

Here are the bars and 15+ chains I got:

Poulanbars_zpsb4d1f189.jpg

I also have a Dayton 4Z252 coming next week, but no pictures yet.

245 handle

One of the 245's that I picked up last weekend has a different style front handlebar design than any of the others I own. As you can see, it has the clutch cover for a bow. I have a Dayton based 245 torn down and it has a hole tapped to accept this handle. Was this a special order item or one associated with a bow?

Poulan245handle_zpsbc1bdf15.jpg

One of the 245's that I picked up last weekend has a different style front handlebar design than any of the others I own. As you can see, it has the clutch cover for a bow. I have a Dayton based 245 torn down and it has a hole tapped to accept this handle. Was this a special order item or one associated with a bow?

Poulan245handle_zpsbc1bdf15.jpg

the handle is needed for the bow atttachment.

Gary you suck (once again). NICE scores. I was right earlier when I guessed that you'd picked up a bunch of old Poulans that I'd covet. That handlebar bracket is part of the bow saw assembly (including the special clutch cover and some other parts). It's all in the back of the IPL's.

Chris and I tore into the Poulan 47 yesterday and worked on getting the oiler working on it as well as rebuilding the carb and replaced the fuel and oil lines.

The oiler was not wanting to play nice, but its finally working now.

Hope to get it back together this week. Going to put a 21" roller nose bar on it with a 3/8 sprocket and chain on it.

Latest posts

Back