Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kevin. I'm just taking some of the 'load' offa Mark. He's the one who really knows this ****.

Thanks buddy. LOL

I have that tool but I don't remember the part # off hand. I think you can still get it from Poulan, but that one wasn't cheap if I remember right.

Edit, I had to look and your correct, the one for the PP295 etc is the expensive one.

Last edited:
OK which of you's guys got this used "3400" P/C on ebay? I'd just put that one in my watch list last night. They guy still has a 4000 style flywheel (look at the pawls) listed as being for/from a 3400. I'd seen the flywheel first, and then saw the P/C listed. My bet is that somebody else has eagle eyes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poulan-Countervibe-3400-Piston-Cylinder-Crankshaf-Fits-Craftsman-3-4-/331087487799?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=v6gw7OaPzRbGoDk4x0BN%2BaxeHG0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Look at the piston and rings. To my eyes, those are thin rings on a bare piston. Pics aren't the best, but that bore looks chromed to me too. That ain't no 3400 P/C (if it was, it'd have a chromed piston with thick rings). It's gotta be a 3700 or 4000 P/C. Will be funny if somebody actually bought it expecting a 3400 P/C and will be getting a nice surprise when they arrive (or they never notice what they really have...........................and end up with the strongest "3400" they're ever seen).:D

It was my neighbor that bought that (per my E-mail to him), and it is a thin ring 3700 and in great shape. The skirt measured 1.872" diameter, and I'll put it on his saw this weekend. His saw had pulled a section of the intake gasket in at the top of the manifold & lean burned out.

Do you guys normally replace the two WP bearings, the Torrington B-66?

Last edited:
That puller's around $4-$5. Same for the clutch tool. Very cheap.

I just went and looked up the worm puller for my PP295. $42.70. WTH???

Last time i messed up with my 4620,i didn't need a puller.I used a simple 3 jaw puller.Grab the bearing with only the 2 jaws(the third won't fit) and start screwing.Once the bearing move a little and allow the third jaw to grab,you're done.

It was my neighbor that bought that (per my E-mail to him), and it is a thin ring 3700 and in great shape. The skirt measured 1.872" diameter, and I'll put it on his saw this weekend. His saw had pulled a section of the intake gasket in at the top of the manifold & lean burned out.

I knew it! Tell your neighbor congratulations for me. Did you spot that it was not really a 3400 P/C, or did he? I haven't replaced a piston on this series yet, so I'll let others with more expertise answer your bearing question.

No. Rarely do the bearings go bad. If there is radial(side to side) play, then replace them. In or out it isn't necessary.

Poulan 3300/3.3 sears AV mounts - Anyone have any pictures on how the bar side av mounts are setup? Saw arrived with the mounts missing, I have some mounts now, but no screws, also I cant really tell but does the chain catcher mount over top the front one? Thanks!

I assume the screws are some type of coarse thread like a wood screw?

Last edited:
Poulan 3300/3.3 sears AV mounts - Anyone have any pictures on how the bar side av mounts are setup? Saw arrived with the mounts missing, I have some mounts now, but no screws, also I cant really tell but does the chain catcher mount over top the front one? Thanks!

I assume the screws are some type of coarse thread like a wood screw?

They are like a large wood screw or self tapping srew. Did you have a look at the IPL? That should explain how the mounts go together.

If you don't have an IPL there is one attached here for a 3300.

If you want a pic of a screw, let me know and I will pull one and take a pic and measure it if that will help you.

Attachments

• 3300chainsaw IPL.pdf
    56.1 KB · Views: 2
The ipl I think almost muddies it up for me. Looks like more than one screw holds it on? I have another saw I can tear down to see whats missing & what the screw looks like, but it doesn't have a chain break either so that is still up in the air.

Back