Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I was out doing some cutting, kinda hard though when I'm sitting at work in my office.

Don't feel bad. I could be out doing something, but its much nicer inside a wood heated house playing with the PC, waiting for the snow Mark stirred up west of me....:cold:

Gregg,

Don't feel bad. I could be out doing something, but its much nicer inside a wood heated house playing with the PC, waiting for the snow Mark stirred up west of me....:cold:

Gregg,

Haha, dammit Mark! Yeah just been working a ton lately and not much time to do much else. Hey I'm off tomorrow though and I have the next 2 weekends off so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Gregg,

I ain't got a job right now so I don't care if it snows. Bring it on, nice and warm in the shop and in the cab of the truck.

I'll go put the plow back on in a bit, that should knock it down to only a dusting for you. ;)

Well it was ok, only maybe 25% real interesting.

Some had rings some not. The 5200 pistons did not... The 4000 and 335 did though.

I'll move some of these if someone needs some, I only got them for just a couple that interested me.

Just so you know, you can use a 5200 cyl on the 8500 but you have to cut and clearance the fins on the back of the cyl.

I ain't got a job right now so I don't care if it snows. Bring it on, nice and warm in the shop and in the cab of the truck.

I'll go put the plow back on in a bit, that should knock it down to only a dusting for you. ;)

To late Mark...A weather warning just popped up on PC. Snow 8"- 12", wind 15-25mph gusts to 35mph.
Then get cold....again back down to 0*. :mad:

Sounds like I will need to plow snow several times when the wind picks up. Just keeps drifting for days around here it seems. Got the tractor plugged in....Just wait now and watch football stuff all day tomorrow I guess...LOL and eat. :D

Gregg,

Sounds like I will need to plow snow several times when the wind picks up. Just keeps drifting for days around here it seems. Got the tractor plugged in....Just wait now and watch football stuff all day tomorrow I guess...LOL and eat. :D

Gregg,

Had to plow the 700' drive open yesterday from the drifting.

Getting the old girl back together
7ca071ac60bc0219e5042afe75082ce9.jpg

Getting the old girl back together
7ca071ac60bc0219e5042afe75082ce9.jpg

I still need to mess around with mine some more. I changed that gasket between the reed valve and the carb mount and it ran great. Next night went to fire it up again and it won't stay running, like it's starved of fuel. Got to check the metering lever on the carb again I think.
Is that a 245 or 306?

We ate all the dogs last winter. They weren't bad you know.

Seriously, I've only had the blower out once this winter and have shoveled three times. It's been about normal temperature wise. I thought we were really in for it back in November. N0 complaints here.

Snow rollers this weekend down your way?

We ate all the dogs last winter. They weren't bad you know.

Seriously, I've only had the blower out once this winter and have shoveled three times. It's been about normal temperature wise. I thought we were really in for it back in November. N0 complaints here.

Snow rollers this weekend down your way?

I hear ya Tim. Nov. was a cold one here also, but Dec. wasn't bad at all. Of course anything would have been better than last winter. I only have seen or heard of them snow rollers once in my life. It was enough for me..:eek::cold:
In case some of you you are wondering what the heck you talking about. Heres a pic or two. lol

Snow006_zpsd39227df.jpg

Snow009_zps739692ea.jpg

Snow007_zps57cded79.jpg

Gregg,

Yep, That looks to be a pretty good one Bob. Not much doubt they were pretty particular about not strait gassing it!! LOL

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back