Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try brake fluid.

I have it straight from the horse's mouth that there is someone who will be reproducing the 3400 etc oiler diaphragms and gaskets so they should be on the market soon.

Would anyone be interested in plain S25 oiler diaphragms without the pintles? You would have to remove and reuse your originals.

I have yet to get one of the pile of mine put together, but I'd be interested for sure

Also took apart the carb and intake on the Franken4200 last night. Plastic intake piece had a small crack so I put a replacement one in. Carb was nasty, so it got a fresh kit as well. Seems to run about like should and idles down pretty darn good. Won't know 100% if it is completely leak free until I get a vacuum tester, but is seems like it's good to go. Also added a sweeeeeet custom sharpied 4200 to the starter housing haha! Saw kinda looks like something Mad Max would have carried in his car lol!

20160127_233459_resized.jpg
20160128_000741_resized.jpg

Also took apart the carb and intake on the Franken4200 last night. Plastic intake piece had a small crack so I put a replacement one in. Carb was nasty, so it got a fresh kit as well. Seems to run about like should and idles down pretty darn good. Won't know 100% if it is completely leak free until I get a vacuum tester, but is seems like it's good to go. Also added a sweeeeeet custom sharpied 4200 to the starter housing haha! Saw kinda looks like something Mad Max would have carried in his car lol!

View attachment 481987
View attachment 481988

I like it Nate! Nothing on that saw that even hints "wussy saw" lol Also love your Poulan belt buckle!!!

Looking at your 4200 reminds me. Has anyone come up with a good replacement stud or screw setup for the top covers on the early 4200/5200's?
My single top screw 5200 needs some fixxin in that department. I tried some feeble attempts, but never come up with a good fix.

Gregg,

I like it Nate! Nothing on that saw that even hints "wussy saw" lol Also love your Poulan belt buckle!!!

Looking at your 4200 reminds me. Has anyone come up with a good replacement stud or screw setup for the top covers on the early 4200/5200's?
My single top screw 5200 needs some fixxin in that department. I tried some feeble attempts, but never come up with a good fix.

Gregg,

Thanks Gregg, not sure why, but of all the saws I haven't used yet, that one has me really itching to run it! I've 2 Poulan buckles, the one on the left is a Poulan Chain Saws with a picture of a 3400 or 3700.

Can't really help with the top cover issue though sorry. Hopefully someone has a good solution.

Gregg,

What do you need there Gregg? Is it broken, stud messed up?

Try brake fluid.

I have it straight from the horse's mouth that there is someone who will be reproducing the 3400 etc oiler diaphragms and gaskets so they should be on the market soon.

Would anyone be interested in plain S25 oiler diaphragms without the pintles? You would have to remove and reuse your originals.

Try brake fluid.

Believe it or not I just picked up two 3400 oiler diaphragm's on EBay for $8.00. Supposedly nos but we'll see.

S25DA Points saw and electronic coil differences? The handle is wider and the under grip has a screw in it to hold it on.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Finally. The elusive adjustable oiler equipped 3400. This one must have new parts though. Has a newer clutch cover, the top cover has the later cover mounted hand guard and it has the older style round handle spacer. P/C perfect and look at that muffler. Never saw one with the extra holes. Too perfect and symmetric to be added an no one ever adds there. 125psi that's ok for a 3400 they don't make a ton. So I'm at a loss here. Clutch cover is later, even has the craftsman notch. That top cover matches damn near perfect. Any ideas. And the carb hood is not painted. It's gotta be off a 3.7image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back