Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 475 has the limited coil I don't like it bc it gives the impression of 4stroking but it isn't. I had to tune it in the wood, always tune with a sharp chain also, a dull chain doesn't load the engine hard enough

My 475 has the limited coil I don't like it bc it gives the impression of 4stroking but it isn't. I had to tune it in the wood, always tune with a sharp chain also, a dull chain doesn't load the engine hard enough

Ya know ya can put a unlimited husky coil on the 475 correct? I did it to both of my 505's.

I knew you could I didn't know what model of husky to order or how much they were I love that 475 though even with the green coil

I honestly don't remember but I am thinking it was the same as the 372 buts its been a long while since I've done it.

I'll look into it maybe winter project, I got a deal on that saw $130 for running power head put a 24" bar, I Wonder if i get with a unlimited coil and open up the muffler if it'd pull a 36"

I started with my Dads old super 2 and craftsman 3.7 /18
home heating oil was braking my bank I spent a lot at a dealer keeping two name brand saws running
I got 4218 poulan new 7 years back still running . my cad began . Old used saws were cheep a $ 10 carb kit
new chain and off I went Now I tell myself I don't need more saws but somehow they find a way
to my door

My Echo is the only saw I have that has a limited coil, have to set it in a cut. Glad my Poulan and Macs don't, much easier to setup. Always have to tune them for summer and winter, we have hi sulfer content in the gas down here in summer blend gas.

Steve
Didn't know they put sulfer in gas was told by a farmer it would make your fuel gauge stick in your truck

Back in the mid 2000 GM was having problems with the gas sending units, mainly here down south in the summer, I called GM tech assist about it and was told that we had a higher sulfer content in the south on the summer blended gas, sulfer is in the oil. Glad GM fixed the problem with the senders, don't make much money doing warrant work changing those out.

Steve

Hey anyone out there in poulan /Pioneer land. I'd like to know horsepower rating for my 655 boost port, how would it stack up against say ms 660 or 395xp?

The 655bp has the highest rpm rating I have ever seen on a horizontal piston saw. Check out cscc site. The max rpm is up there. The one I had would out run my 660's or 395 IMO but never did a comparison.

Back