Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw doesn't look like it has been abused or anything, oil pump diaphragm looks perfect and the manual pump works great. I know I probably replaced both crank seals and rebuild the carb and replace fuel line and filters.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Acornhill - just curious why the newer PS chain would not work in the older system, seems they both just touch off the top of the tooth what makes the two incompatible? From what I know about the new set up, the chain has a carbide tooth to dress the stone and keep it in trim but I don't see why that would not work with the older stones as well.

Thanks,

Mark

It is the shape of the barracuda chain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a far bit of transfer, just glad it's a chrome bore.

I'm just looking at a picture, but I think you want to take a close look at that cyl again. It looks to me that the plating is tore up and missing in large spots on that bore.

Acornhill - just curious why the newer PS chain would not work in the older system, seems they both just touch off the top of the tooth what makes the two incompatible? From what I know about the new set up, the chain has a carbide tooth to dress the stone and keep it in trim but I don't see why that would not work with the older stones as well.

Thanks,

Mark
I think there not interchangeable because the new PS chain is setup for it to take the rakers down at the same time as sharpening the top plate. The original PS chain still needed hand filing once in a while, rakers and gullets. Like the Auto Mac chain did too.

Thanks for the offer, only problem with a parts saw is I would end up trying to get it up and going also.

I can’t even give it away. It’s not complete so it’s probably parts only. It’s the a/v version of your saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No rush, just got this one pulled apart to inspect for any problems. Still got to put my 5200 together still. Had paint to wrinkle up on two places on the case when I clear coated it so I've got to sand it and repaint again. Figured paint would have cured after a few months.

Mine has points Brandon. [emoji38]

You dealing with 34cc or 38cc? I have both here now.
34cc is runner needs muffler cover and new fuel line imo. 38cc wizard CVA project 140psi and has spark. $40 for both plus shipping. Both PHO

yellow and orange ones

c33z.png wizard316.png

Back