Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure those use that nasty LP (low permeation) fuel line with the inner membrane that collapses and chokes off the fuel flow. Pull the fuel filter and see what you have. Could be the problem. Those carbs are a '2 turn out' carb, too (fwiw)...., pretty much like one of the cheesy plastic Poulans, just orange.
That's about the sorriest if such a word, fuel line I've ever seen. Who in the world came up with that line. I had a husky dealer sale me that stuff, I had asked him if it was tygon line and he said it was. He lost me as a fuel line customer.

Steve

But some of the stuff that the EPA forces on manufacturers is stupid. Some of the stuff makes the engines not even half way run. When I got my Harley in 06, it would stumble real bad. Took it back to the dealer, was gonna charge me to fix the problem, they said that the way it was it meet EPA tests.

Steve

That's about the sorriest if such a word, fuel line I've ever seen. Who in the world came up with that line. I had a husky dealer sale me that stuff, I had asked him if it was tygon line and he said it was. He lost me as a fuel line customer.

Steve
What you don't understand is that equipment made after a certain year has to use that crap when the dealer replaces it and thats why he carries it. They can fine his ass off if they catch him not putting it back on newer saws.

You guys are not allowed to remove catalytic converters and not put them back on in your shop right? Why is that? Because you will get your ass fined off..

Haven't thought of it that way. Same way if I'm working on an a/c problem, if I charge system, find leak, I have to recover system even if customer don't want the repair but wants the system left charged. I can't, my license, I don't and dealer don't want no fines.

Steve

I'll try and keep that in the old and I mean old memory bank for when one of the saws just won't respond to what I thought it needed. Glad it's up and running. Is that the one that you ported, and does it help.
Yea, I widened the exhaust port and opened up the intake manifold. Haven't cut with it yet, though. Time will tell if performance improves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Picked this up at the auction Saturday for a whopping $5 , under the air filter it has a clear label with a serial # on it, looks to have been used very little
b00d50ebdcd2281c6aa79a75435cc73a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back