Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna split boom brush cutters have gotten bad. Got a replacement for my first one's coil died, this on, I fueled up, installed the pole saw to trim back some tree limbs. If it had electric start, I would have killed the battery trying to start it. Once started I couldn't let it idle or it would die and I would pull forever trying to start it. Once running I had to keep on the throttle. Got my tool out to check the carb settings, 1 1/2 turns out on both hi and low. Took me thirty minutes trying to get the carb set. The minute I raise it up to cut it would stall out. Ran great level, going back for another swap out. I reset the carb the way it came and counted almost 2 turns out on hi and low. Something ain't right. Done ranting, thank you.

Steve

Sometimes you just have to rant, it cleans the soul. Wish I could help you with the saw but I have zero ideas. Hammer is what I would start with but that's just me and it has never been a good practice. Don't try this at home lol. I'm so bored after this back surgery and I can't do anything. Ok my rant is over. Next.

Husqvarna split boom brush cutters have gotten bad. Got a replacement for my first one's coil died, this on, I fueled up, installed the pole saw to trim back some tree limbs. If it had electric start, I would have killed the battery trying to start it. Once started I couldn't let it idle or it would die and I would pull forever trying to start it. Once running I had to keep on the throttle. Got my tool out to check the carb settings, 1 1/2 turns out on both hi and low. Took me thirty minutes trying to get the carb set. The minute I raise it up to cut it would stall out. Ran great level, going back for another swap out. I reset the carb the way it came and counted almost 2 turns out on hi and low. Something ain't right. Done ranting, thank you.

Steve
Time to rant as well. Got a 028Super. Think I can get the clutch off? Heck no! Rope in cylinder and resorted to my impact wrench. 110 lbs on my compressor and tons on liquid wrench.Still won't budge. Next step is to heat it up and hope I don't melt anything under it.Yes, I am going clockwise

Time to rant as well. Got a 028Super. Think I can get the clutch off? Heck no! Rope in cylinder and resorted to my impact wrench. 110 lbs on my compressor and tons on liquid wrench.Still won't budge. Next step is to heat it up and hope I don't melt anything under it.Yes, I am going clockwise

If the issue is Loctite, 300 deg F on the end of the crank should do it.

Back