Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I'll remember the duct tape as red neck, anyway the fix was good and nice to hear that the head was used for something other than a hat rack as my great dad would say, miss him, ok back to whatever you do, its Monday my friends have a good time and be safe
[emoji3][emoji16][emoji28][emoji23][emoji38], Good one, LOL.

Steve

I picked up a s25 today. Is there a gasket between the two halves of the air box or just under the top.
aa846a1c5535f3dd006c8b76a4f0cc0b.jpg
e4b80a885285a98d2f82b5b9747935b1.jpg
6186c26f62fce0b78a321b9ff1f930fb.jpg
ee18629e151051c7b230c529360c30be.jpg
f110a75186b94202cfcef172234d8672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you’re calling “the two halves of the air box”, but you are missing the cork cover/lid gasket.

If you pull the carb & then pull off the air box, there’s a triangular gasket under it. Most are stuck down like glue!

Crank seals are likely shot in that saw, and need to be replaced. Easy to do.

Those saws have a big attitude for being a little guy!

Working on a green one like your gray and having a hard time with the carb, I just put a kit in and it still surges at wot .if I change the high it doesn't matter much . Thinking filter, has new line. I'm done with it for today and tomorrow I'll have at it again. My 3400, 3700 seem so much easer to tune. I have a new cover on the way and I'm going to drill holes for the screw driver to adjust and cover with finger till I get it right then put the good cover back on. Nice cases you got at the dump, I got my hands slapped the other day for trying to get some wheels, told there was no going thru the junk.

Working on a green one like your gray and having a hard time with the carb, I just put a kit in and it still surges at wot .if I change the high it doesn't matter much . Thinking filter, has new line. I'm done with it for today and tomorrow I'll have at it again. My 3400, 3700 seem so much easer to tune. I have a new cover on the way and I'm going to drill holes for the screw driver to adjust and cover with finger till I get it right then put the good cover back on. Nice cases you got at the dump, I got my hands slapped the other day for trying to get some wheels, told there was no going thru the junk.
Just drill it I have one I will send you to replace it . I owe you that . I have your address . Edit , just re read it you found one .
IMG_3250.PNG

hello i recently bought a poulan pro 295 a later model of the bay saw was sold as a runner it runs but does not oil took apart the oiler cleaned it took out the oil pick up line cleaned it everything looks right except seems like the pick up is not making a decent seal ... i looked up the part for a few hours at the different ipls and it seems the new poulan pro 4620 comes with a one piece pick up that slides over the spindle instead of the 2 piece mine has.. I ordered one it says it fits husqvarna and all the poulan of this line.... Do any of ya all know if this was a problem and why they went to a one piece rubber pick up?? hope it fixes it....On this one it is 2 pieces....i will let ya all know i also ordered a new pump even though the one on it seems to have no damage...would appreciate any input everything has been cleaned.... even took the plate off and put it back on....ran with no bar took oiler apart blew it out and shot wd 40 in it blew it out again if i blow air in the hole oil pours out? here is the pic of the one i have coming....part_p_1100290_445612283.gif

hello i recently bought a poulan pro 295 a later model of the bay saw was sold as a runner it runs but does not oil took apart the oiler cleaned it took out the oil pick up line cleaned it everything looks right except seems like the pick up is not making a decent seal ... i looked up the part for a few hours at the different ipls and it seems the new poulan pro 4620 comes with a one piece pick up that slides over the spindle instead of the 2 piece mine has.. I ordered one it says it fits husqvarna and all the poulan of this line.... Do any of ya all know if this was a problem and why they went to a one piece rubber pick up?? hope it fixes it....On this one it is 2 pieces....i will let ya all know i also ordered a new pump even though the one on it seems to have no damage...would appreciate any input everything has been cleaned.... even took the plate off and put it back on....ran with no bar took oiler apart blew it out and shot wd 40 in it blew it out again if i blow air in the hole oil pours out? here is the pic of the one i have coming....View attachment 668857

Speaking for experience with that issue.
That was definitely a problem. The rubber would swell, cause the outer to sit at an angle and allow the pump to suck air.
The one piece hose fixed the issue.

Latest posts

Back