Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder which 2700 he has myself. The metal crank cased one or the plastic cased one? Guy said there was a plastic 2700 Canada. Never seen one to date.

Thinking there was a 2750 plastic in US and some were calling it a 2700. We had a thread on both years ago. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-2700/

Get that gasket kits as they are cheap like 6 and the others might be needed down the road. Some are for other poulans too in series. .

2700 metal cased will be bare bore with chromed piston. Just like a 2800. Check the impulse line, fuel line, fuel filter, carb kit. Seem to be what most that come in need. 3x6 echo black oem line for impulse. Check you duckbill tank vent deal too.

2700 metal cased I had. Pic testing the blue stens out.

p2700.jpgbluestensecholines.JPG

Need some pictures

Steve

I wonder which 2700 he has myself. The metal crank cased one or the plastic cased one?

I'm pretty sure my saw has metal cases. It definitely looks exactly like the 2700 in the pictures above, other than being torn down at the moment. I've got a gasket set coming, so I'm hopeful that a new impulse line and base gasket will get me running.

Is there any knowledge on the range of adjustment for the H/L screws? My background in carb adjustment is dirtbikes, and 2 turns out on a typical dritbike mix screw is about as far as you want to go before changing jets.

3 tanks through the 4000 yesterday free of trouble of any description. Cold starting is still 5 to 10 pulls after that it's as normal and oiling very well too I never touched the pump during the rebuilding adventure

5 pulls cold start I could deal with, 10 no way, something amiss, fuel line fuel filter or carb adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 pulls cold start I could deal with, 10 no way, something amiss, fuel line fuel filter or carb adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea somewhere in between it's like the carb loses its prime and needs to start again like its ran dry. otherwise It's running perfectly and holding a tune

Yea somewhere in between it's like the carb loses its prime and needs to start again like its ran dry. otherwise It's running perfectly and holding a tune

Same here, pops on 3-4 full choke & fires on 5th pull with throttle lock on & choke half on from a cold start. No ethanol - 91 octane.

Next time you pull the carb, I’d check the fuel pump diaphragm for the dreaded “round bulges” on the two petals, & then pressure check that HDB carb again to ensure it’s inlet needle is holding 8# pressure all day long...guess that should be 55 kilopascal, lol.

You could also pressure test the carb through the fuel line with the filter removed.

Choke butterfly closing all the way & centered up? The two carb & two intake screws snugged down?

As hot as it is down there right now, you should be able to fire it up quicker. The duckbill will let the tank build up good pressure!

EDITED found the circuit plate pic

Yep, time for new diaphragms.

Good deal on the psi, our tires pressures have both units of measure.

I had a 3700 saw a while back with a piece of steel lodged in the jet. Factory fresh, as it had never been overhauled. The little screen was also packed full of ****.

C8205C1D-0971-4656-9C7C-3CBBEF829B19.jpeg 8F098680-48C0-497C-A7FF-4E8544FF47D8.jpeg
04A73340-88FF-4211-90D3-AE8DCBA35E61.jpeg

Yep, time for new diaphragms.

Good deal on the psi, our tires pressures have both units of measure.

I had a 3700 saw a while back with a piece of steel lodged in the jet. Factory fresh, as it had never been overhauled. The little screen was also packed full of ****.

View attachment 697944 View attachment 697943

Was it big enough to be in there from 1st assembly? Where's the best place to buy a carb kit from? Or are they all much of a muchness. Feel sad for you guys and ethanol fuel we don't get it here much only in the big centers and even then only on 1 or 2 pumps. Not sure why whether it be it doesn't last the boat trip here or what I'm not sure

Yea I mite pull it and rebuild it never touched a saw carb yet. Yea don't worry about the kilopascal thing lol for most of us down here psi is still the only pressure value we understand. Not sure why kpa never took on and babies are still pounds too
We were talking about that at work, this is America, not Japan or China. GM even had a questioner on our chat line, most all of us voted standard measure.

Steve

Yes Sir, from 1st assembly and it was stuck fast in the feed hole of the circuit plate. I found & added a close up pic of it, in the previous posting.

Good news on the lack of ethanol, we are just the opposite. Have to look for the non-corn gas at the big pump centers too.

Carb kits are cheapest here from Fleabay. Takes a Walbro #K10-HDB. About $8 USD delivered.

Latest posts

Back