Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not run it enough to tell for sure but it seems to auto oil after I used the thumb pump. Almost like it needed primed or had some junk in the passage. It was hard to pump, got easy then started spitting oil. Seems like it throws oil on it's own now!

The bar is a Homelite bar, same 176 mount so fits fine, Homelite did have different number of links for there bars hence the 58 DL count. Your 245A did not come with a decompression release, 245SA & your Dad’s Dayton did however.

That saw might be a 245 non auto Oiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beat me to the comment.

Finally putting my 4000 together. Starts and idles, but breaks up, like it shorting out, if use any throttle. Pulled flywheel and noticed the kill wire has some bare wire showing. Guess I need to replace it. Another issue is when I removed the coil , the coil wire pulled out. I can reinsert it but it’s a bit loose. Wonder if some sort of sealant or adhesive is advisable?

Finally putting my 4000 together. Starts and idles, but breaks up, like it shorting out, if use any throttle. Pulled flywheel and noticed the kill wire has some bare wire showing. Guess I need to replace it. Another issue is when I removed the coil , the coil wire pulled out. I can reinsert it but it’s a bit loose. Wonder if some sort of sealant or adhesive is advisable?

A dab of silicone to hold the coil wire in, wrap the kill wire with electrical tape, start up again and see if it is fixed

A dab of silicone to hold the coil wire in, wrap the kill wire with electrical tape, start up again and see if it is fixed

Tried the electrical tape step but got same results. Pulled flywheel and noticed the tape was worn. Guess it was too thick. Has to be the wire as I switched carbs with a good one and same issue. Woodruff key is in place so timing isn't off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally put dads bought new poulan 3300 (maybe 93) and bought new TH mac (maybe 79-81) on the bench yesterday. Going to clean them up. Make sure running order and shelf them because they were dads.

The little poulan 2000 I gave him that I bought in 94 is already cleaned back up and being used pruning again this year. It had replaced that mac TH I despised using.

dadsaws.jpg

Well, I’ve about run out of ideas. Made a new kill wire and saw starts and isles great. However it still breaksup at full throttle. I’ve replaced carb and still the same. Could it be the coil or flywheel?

Well, I’ve about run out of ideas. Made a new kill wire and saw starts and isles great. However it still breaksup at full throttle. I’ve replaced carb and still the same. Could it be the coil or flywheel?

I thought you had this same problem a while back,? With a 3400 or 3700, make sure you don’t have an air leak as well. Side to side saw stays at idle?

Latest posts

Back