Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning to all on both sides of the pond. Jethro, how do you get to, jump to page 1111 or 2548? Are you flipping threw them 2 pages at a time or is there another way I have yet to find? Where you can enter the page you wish to read?

Todd, after reading page 2548, I feel morally obligated to add my name to the list of fine chaps that gave you a "YOU SUCK" I am very proud to do so at this time, YOU SUCK ! LOL, You get all the cool stuff!

:)

Ken

Good morning to all on both sides of the pond. Jethro, how do you get to, jump to page 1111 or 2548? Are you flipping threw them 2 pages at a time or is there another way I have yet to find? Where you can enter the page you wish to read?

how do you get to, jump to page 1111 or 2548?
One way is by changing the link number.
1.jpg

How come my page doesn't look like that
Because you get/got all the good stuff

Most a likely because of a different browser is being used. I use FireFox and my lovely wife uses Internet explorer on this desk top.

I really like his avatar, I believe it is from a Netflick series that my wife watched.

Yeah I'm not as clever as that guy I do it the hard way or Google search will bring ya close and then hard way it from there

Holly crap Todd I forgot you machined the rings that's incredible stuff man.

Did you ever find out who he was or a bit of a story on how he had the big bore? Did he even know? I know he was pushing daisies by the time you got the saws but just wondered if you talked much with the other chap?

Holly crap Todd I forgot you machined the ring that's incredible stuff man.

Did you ever find out who he was or a bit of a story on how he had the big bore? Did he even know? I know he was pushing daisies by the time you got the saws but just wondered if you talked much with the other chap?

Todd, that was/is quite a "Tator Tot" rig you built to thin those rings! Did you service grind them?

I agree with Jethro's request. Inquiring minds would like to know.

20190323_185238.jpg 20190323_185348.jpg I was never able to find out anything about them.
I was hoping that Ohio Gregg would see it and say something. Modified Mark I has never said anything either. From the old posts I think MM told us what he knew.
Ken I made the fixture for the lathe and faced the rings to the correct height. I have a extra set and the fixture wrapped up in the tool box that are turned and ready to go if needed.

I was never able to find out anything about them.
I was hoping that Ohio Gregg would see it and say something. Modified Mark I has never said anything either. From the old posts I think MM told us what he knew.
Ken I made the fixture for the lathe and faced the rings to the correct height. I have a extra set and the fixture wrapped up in the tool box that are turned and ready to go if needed.

Aww well the main thing is you got the saw and had the talent to get it running again. For the saws sake it couldn't of gone to a better person really and isn't it amazing how things work out.

1 little thing different that morning like an extra 2 minutes on the dunny or a granny held you up on the drive or something may have changed how the fatefull day panned out and the saw maybe still sitting there or worse wound up at the tip

View attachment 799438 View attachment 799439 I was never able to find out anything about them.

The fixture is a work of art!!

I have to thank Acornhill for getting on my case about going the extra mile and really looking for a big saw. I told him I wanted one but there just wasn't any around so he told me to go to all the saw places and talk to them about having any under the bench and ask people you meet and ask them, ask anyone. I'm not to out going when around people but I started asking friends and any other people I came in contact with. That would have been so easy to shy away from that man but I did my best to be out going and that is what it takes. The stars were in my favor for sure.

I have to thank Acornhill for getting on my case about going the extra mile and really looking for a big saw. I told him I wanted one but there just wasn't any around so he told me to go to all the saw places and talk to them about having any under the bench and ask people you meet and ask them, ask anyone. I'm not to out going when around people but I started asking friends and any other people I came in contact with. That would have been so easy to shy away from that man but I did my best to be out going and that is what it takes. The stars were in my favor for sure.

Really good advice that right there. I have three nice saws just from asking or letting it be known what I'm into.

Many people have something sitting there and know its too good to throw out but no real interest in it eather and are often happy to see it go to the right person.

Not just saws eather slot cars for instance I got dozens of them lol and many many people have a set sitting for 20 or 30 years and are happy to eather give it away or let you fix them up n get it running again. For me getting something going again is great satisfaction a push bike a mower a slot car set a saw or anything and that smile when they get it handed back is priceless. People remember that stuff and eather pay it forward or help you another day or what ever but what goes around usually comes back around. Eg those three nice saws

View attachment 799438 View attachment 799439 I was never able to find out anything about them.
Todd, Ohio Greg got that big bore kit from me. I bought out the contents of a closed up saw shop and ended up with a box full of those kits for different saws. There were 2 of the 5200 kits and I sold one to Gregg and traded the other one for a good running Pioneer p42hp that I still have. That's where that chainbrake 3400 cover came from too.

That is very interesting, so my saw could have been the other one. I will think it is true even if not. What other saw kits did you have. Please tell me all you can.
I guess there was a company in this area called Sunbelt that re-manufactured them. Don't know much about the company other than they closed up years ago. The shop I bought out closed around '90 and they may have been closed before that. I still have some of those kits for Husky and Stihl saws and maybe some for smaller Poulans like the 2800-3000 and the S25 top handle saws. The last one I had for the bigger Poulans was a thin ring 3700 kit that I put on a 3800 and it still runs good.

Latest posts

Back