Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now is the little black piece under the screen just another superfine screen or is it a valve of some type?

Nitrile check valve, you can just replace the whole assembly if you want to. They’re prone to fail vac test, being 30+ years old.

From a post 6 pages back “This one “looked“ good, but failed vacuum as it was hardened up, so I just replaced it...comes as an assembly #86-523 so you don’t have to try to put the screen & that tiny midget clip back in.”

3A8A6AAA-8B4B-4FB5-8FF6-A8A32CE6CA29.jpeg

A while back ,I was complaining that my 3400 recoil was slipping when pulled. Thought I could clean the edges of the pulley but that didn’t correct the problem. Checked the flywheel and everything looked good. Thanks to Hotshot( Randy), he hooked me up with a NOS pulley he found on EBay. The seller shipped it to me and it works fine, so far. I’m going to keep an eye on it to be sure it doesn’t slip again. If it does I may replace the flywheel. Again, a thanks to Randy for helping me out.
Bob

There’s a 4200 not too far (about an hour) from me for $50. May give him a ring if it’s still available.

Biggest problem is it’s in enemy territory (MD) across the Potomac an getting across the river lately is difficult. Otherwise I’d be there in a heartbeat. I’m not even sure I’d want to keep it but for $50 it’s be worth saving and getting to someone that wants it.

Corey, you’ve really got the knack to get those black discs out, have you ever had one that you couldn’t remove?

The WA/WT check valve hole in the #84-613-1 is way too small to try to retrieve the check disc.

I tried that last week on my Poulan leaf vac/blower, then finally gave up & pulled the whole assembly out.

You’d need to be a proctologist or trained in laparoscopic surgery!

There’s a 4200 not too far (about an hour) from me for $50. May give him a ring if it’s still available.

Biggest problem is it’s in enemy territory (MD) across the Potomac an getting across the river lately is difficult. Otherwise I’d be there in a heartbeat. I’m not even sure I’d want to keep it but for $50 it’s be worth saving and getting to someone that wants it.
Wear heavy camo, you might not get spotted.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Go get it out of enemy hands!

I'm in Western Maryland, and I won't go down there. If you're talking about the big river, that's not too bad. But, if you're talking about the Anacostia, no way, that's where all the dead bodies go to disappear.

I'm in Western Maryland, and I won't go down there. If you're talking about the big river, that's not too bad. But, if you're talking about the Anacostia, no way, that's where all the dead bodies go to disappear.
The one im trying to fix was a $20 FB score,, so bout $15 merican,,,
Am finding lots of good stuff on the FB markeplace.

I've seen some good stuff there and CL, but I think a lot of people watch it closer than I do and scoop up all the good stuff. I found an old dealer that has a whole garage full of old saws. He let me have a bunch for $10 apiece two years ago. I stopped in 2-3 weeks ago and he went up to $20 each.

I've seen some good stuff there and CL, but I think a lot of people watch it closer than I do and scoop up all the good stuff. I found an old dealer that has a whole garage full of old saws. He let me have a bunch for $10 apiece two years ago. I stopped in 2-3 weeks ago and he went up to $20 each.

I’m in King George, VA and have to cross the Potomac to get to Southern MD where it’s at. They’re building a new bridge and with COVID I’m rarely close to the river anymore to make it a quicker trip. I used to buy feed for my animals over there but by the time I factor in gas, time, and the toll it doesn’t make a lot of sense. I did get my pull behind tiller from over there for a steal early COVID days.

Guessing this is a long shot but does anyone have a lead on an ignition coil for a 5200? Got one for free not running. One of the flywheel fan blades broke off and smashed the coil. Would love to get this green machine running. Might convince me to use my west germany saw less.

Back