Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great instructions Todd. You'll be right Ed

Thanks mate too far to ship though really
Is the USPS back to shipping things to NZ again?

I've got 2 of the 306As,one is the regular green & black,the other was made for Grainger & is ornage & black.I keep forgetting to take the orange one out cutting.Maybe this week.

Do the more modern plastic fantastic saws belong here? I just added a 2150 to the pile it runs also added a wild thing blower into innovatory as a backup to my Stihl. Could not help myself at $30 each.

Ok poulan pros......pun totally intended lol, I took a quick look at my 4000 and found an orange duckbill down in the fuel tank. Thins is my first saw from this series so I thought I'd ask where it goes. I assume just through the top of the tank somewhere but it almost looks like it has a nipple. Probably just to seal on the tank but I'm thinking a piece of line with a vent would be good. I can see it getting clogged pretty quick without it.
Thanks in advance!Screenshot_20220509-225326.pngIMG_20220509_225315635.jpg

Ok poulan pros......pun totally intended lol, I took a quick look at my 4000 and found an orange duckbill down in the fuel tank. Thins is my first saw from this series so I thought I'd ask where it goes. I assume just through the top of the tank somewhere but it almost looks like it has a nipple. Probably just to seal on the tank.
Thanks in advance!View attachment 987210View attachment 987211

It goes on the vent hose. Ya poke it through and chuck the duck bill on the end then pull it back through. Well that's how mine are done anyway

I'm supposed to get an air filter for my 4000 I bought a while back. Should be here tomorrow. An awesome fella on here tipped me off that it was on feepay. Can't wait to run it.
My pleasure, Bob. Get that beast together, share pictures, and run it! I love a Poulan 4000! Well, and 5200/8500's! CAD is starting in again, and its getting worse as I get older! Max.

1979 3400 and 1987 craftsman 3800 score this week.No need in repair,they both run well.Replaced the fuel line on the 3800.Replaced nothing on the 1979. 40 bucks for the 3400 with a 16 inch bar and new chain.I almost feel guilty.
You should feel guilty, $40 for a new chain and bar with a free saw.

Back