Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they just look like they are ergonomically designed to handle well to me. All the weight is up by the log instead of along the mid to back part of saw.

Are they or am I wrong?
My p51 balances neutral with a standard 32" Oregon bar and 3/8 chain. Its balance in much nicer than my 850 or 5400, it's also stronger.

So how does one find a top end kit for my micro super xxv deluxe? Online says it's a 38cc but the side cover says 33ccm. Does anyone know which kit I need and where I can find one ? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240309_183058.jpg
    20240309_183058.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240314_152704_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240314_152704_Samsung Internet.jpg
    703.4 KB · Views: 0
Well fellas it looks like I'm gonna start into the 3.3. I believe it was a blue label " sears best" but the decal on the starter side is missing. I believe the cylinder is good so I'm hopeful. If it tries to go , I assume I'll be looking for parts if there are any out there. At least a top cover, air filter and cover and a clutch cover. It may be junk tho. Seems to have been reduced to a parts saw. There are two tubs of parts from that haul that may have some goodies for it I just haven't had a chance to look yet. Will update after it gets a bath tomorrow and a coil test.

So how does one find a top end kit for my micro super xxv deluxe? Online says it's a 38cc but the side cover says 33ccm. Does anyone know which kit I need and where I can find one ? Thanks.
That site you show has wrong info posted alot of times. Like a 50/50 chance of it being right. Take with a grain of salt and double check everything to be sure.

I bet it is 33 like it shows on recoil. But to be sure measure bore to be sure. Just like this WT was sold as 36cc but type 6 and up were 42cc. Measured bore on mine and mine being a 1-5 type was indeed 36cc. So it is really up to you to do your measuring and be sure.

I searched the 33cc piston kit and there is NOS parts out there right now.

That site you show has wrong info posted alot of times. Like a 50/50 chance of it being right. Take with a grain of salt and double check everything to be sure.

I bet it is 33 like it shows on recoil. But to be sure measure bore to be sure. Just like this WT was sold as 36cc but type 6 and up were 42cc. Measured bore on mine and mine being a 1-5 type was indeed 36cc. So it is really up to you to do your measuring and be sure.

I searched the 33cc piston kit and there is NOS parts out there right now.
Thanks i finally figured it out. The 33cc has a 36.5mm bore and the 38cc one has a 38.75mm bore. I'll probably pick up a kit from lil red barn.

Im not telling you how to spend money , but unless that saw is in emaculate condition its only worth 100.00. I don't know how much LBRs kit is but you could probably just find a donor saw for the same price?

Thanks! I'm gonna order a kit from lil red barn.
Im not telling you how to spend money , but unless that saw is in emaculate condition its only worth 100.00. I don't know how much LBRs kit is but you could probably just find a donor saw for the same price?
Unfortunately up here they're not common plus I'm not worried it's not like it's thousands of dollars. Plus who knows, maybe they'll start appreciating one day

Thanks! I'm gonna order a kit from lil red barn.

Unfortunately up here they're not common plus I'm not worried it's not like it's thousands of dollars. Plus who knows, maybe they'll start appreciating one day
That's what I keep telling my lady :numberone:

My first rebuild with new cylinder and piston kit 20+ years ago was a Craftsman 2.3. Its kinda the precursor to the affliction I have now.

And what affliction is that?
One saw after another syndrome....the 2.3 saw up front is the first saw I bought to tinker on (didn't need it had other perfectly running saw) it needed a new cylinder/piston, then 20 saws later same saw pops up local and a countervibe 2.3 frame shows up on ebay and I suddenly had a reason to buy them to swap the 2nd 2.3 engine into the countervibe frame 2.3. Never ending cycle.

Red 2.3 engine swap 6.jpg

One saw after another syndrome....the 2.3 saw up front is the first saw I bought to tinker on (didn't need it had other perfectly running saw) it needed a new cylinder/piston, then 20 saws later same saw pops up local and a countervibe 2.3 frame shows up on ebay and I suddenly had a reason to buy them to swap the 2nd 2.3 engine into the countervibe frame 2.3. Never ending cycle.

View attachment 1162457
Here's my collection lol. I might be selling the red one on the left to a buddy who wants a nice fishing saw. Then I'll find something different to add to the lineup, maybe an s25cva.

Attachments

• 20240312_210516.jpg
    20240312_210516.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back