Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys,I got this PP5020AV that I fired up[ yesterday & couldn't get it to idle.I went to turn the idle screw up & it broke free from the carb body.I can get a replacement carb from Sawzilla for $23.My question is how in the name of the sweet baby jesus does the carb come off?I pulled the 2 nuts off that hold the plastic AF housing on,but the housing won't come off.I pulled the choke lever off & the switch lever too.Still acts like there's another nut or screw holding it on.I tried disconnecting the throttle assembly too,all to no avail.

Mark,I'm just catching up on some older posts & I saw that you were looking for reasonably priced Poulan parts.Buford Parrish in Ky.has a ton (or more) of Poulan parts.He's like Bob J.in that he does phone orders only.At least Bob did orders by fax too.

OK guys,I got this PP5020AV that I fired up[ yesterday & couldn't get it to idle.I went to turn the idle screw up & it broke free from the carb body.I can get a replacement carb from Sawzilla for $23.My question is how in the name of the sweet baby jesus does the carb come off?I pulled the 2 nuts off that hold the plastic AF housing on,but the housing won't come off.I pulled the choke lever off & the switch lever too.Still acts like there's another nut or screw holding it on.I tried disconnecting the throttle assembly too,all to no avail.
I have a saw here that may have the same carb. Got any pics?

Bob,this is the saw that I bought from you back in Jan.(I think).I had it running like a champ after replacing the ignition module.I can't get any pics of the carb because I can't get it off the saw.

Bob,this is the saw that I bought from you back in Jan.(I think).I had it running like a champ after replacing the ignition module.I can't get any pics of the carb because I can't get it off the saw.
The one I have still is the same series just one size smaller I think. Probably the same carb. You are welcome to it if it is.

Hey guys I have green Poulan fever!! I have a 2000 2-2600's 3-3400's and a 4000. I have a 3800 power head being offered to me delivered to my house for $120. He claims good compression and spark. I dont have a 3800 but do I really need one?? Another deal on 2-3400's with 20" bar and chains for $75. Another 3400 with New 24" Power match bar and full chisel chain $$40. Also found another 2600 & 3400 for $50. I can buy a 2600 4-3400's and a 3800 for $285. 6 complete saws that run or will run. How can I pass this up????? Where do I stop? I cant help myself. I keep looking. I love these old saws. You cant kill them. I do muffler mods on all of them. I cut the base ported cut the timing key on one 3400. New 20" bar and chain. This thing is crazy fun!! Dont slow down in 20" red oak. Dont know how long it will live but sure fun till in blows up. LOL

Very nice? What are all those? 6400 3400? I cant tell the other two. I have a 4000 all thats done is a muffler mod. Cuts good like to make it like Novice Lumberjacks polarizer 4000. That thing runs at 11,500 rpm in the cut pullin hard. My hot rod 3400 will run with my 4000 now. It pulls like crazy!!

Latest posts

Back