Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
try oregonchain.com, that will help you with the part numbers for your sprocket. Clutches are easy to find on the fleabay, or order everything you need at the chainsawr. Yeah, you gots to look awhile, but you can do it.

thanks mark and jeff i'll take and go start buying again maybe if i keep messing up something i might have a brand new saw afther i get done with it :laugh:

My little 25 excursion here has kind of gotten out of hand, lol. I've picked up four of them now. It started with the micro S25CVA, then a S25DA, a S25CVA, and another S25CVA parts/project saw. I'm going to try porting at least one of them, see how they respond.

My little 25 excursion here has kind of gotten out of hand, lol. I've picked up four of them now. It started with the micro S25CVA, then a S25DA, a S25CVA, and another S25CVA parts/project saw. I'm going to try porting at least one of them, see how they respond.

some say stronger than a 200T... :eek:

shall I be waiting for a head-to-head :clap:

ok fellers i got a used cylinder and piston from a old 3800 and now i need a clutch and bearing i think i can find the clutch spur. the saw i got the cylinder off of don't have a clutch on it i wished it did though.but dumb arse me had to run the saw with out the side cover and bar and chain on it and it went sping off and tried to knock me out with one of the shoes.so if any one has one i got green slips and some parts for a poulan 4218av and some poulan xxv micro limb saw parts that i trade or buy it.

Ok, I'll bite :D

Got a 3800 that's locked up (moisture locked up the bottom end...)... I think IT makes sense to part her out...

I have a nice clutch on the saw :D

The 3700 and 3800 have identical bore sizes, the difference being the 3700 (Red 3.7 Craftsman) has a chrome plated bore and unplated piston with thin piston rings, the 3800, (Grey 3.7 Craftsman) uses an unplated bore and a chrome plated piston with thick piston rings. So swapping a 3700 piston and cylinder to a 3800 is actually better for durability and can take a bit more abuse.

My Poulan Cylinder application chart shows the bore of a 3700 as 1.875 whereas the 3800 shows 1.880. That's a diff. of .005.

Your on your way, Brad. Let us know how the porting goes.
Bob

My Poulan Cylinder application chart shows the bore of a 3700 as 1.875 whereas the 3800 shows 1.880. That's a diff. of .005.

oh i c well i found a nice cylinder and piston off a other saw my buddy had but i got it put back to geather and ran it with out the bar and chain and side cover and now i'm on the prowl for a good used clutch over me being to up fast and in a hurry to start it and run it :laugh:.

so finally added gas to the gas that was already in the tanks of the two chainsaws i got free and they both fired up no problem, the wild thing is fine, but I noticed the oiler did not seem to work on the 14" Craftsman, but the bar is upside down and someone said that may block the oil hole, so will have to look and see.
Otherwise they seem to be fine, price was right.:D
IMAG0156.jpg

Yep, some of the bars I have only have one oiler hole (not flippable).

The super25 is really not a good saw to port. I just modified the piston. Made more power and a little higher rpms, but would drink the fuel. It only seemed like you had minutes to cut then you were out of fuel. I think I had a 18" bar on it and it would pull it with no problem, but then again it probably would pull it no problem in it's stock configuration.

The super25 is really not a good saw to port. I just modified the piston. Made more power and a little higher rpms, but would drink the fuel. It only seemed like you had minutes to cut then you were out of fuel. I think I had a 18" bar on it and it would pull it with no problem, but then again it probably would pull it no problem in it's stock configuration.

You didn't widen the exhaust port?

flippable bars

My S25 has the original banana bar, never considered flipping it, oil ports or not.

If I modify anything it usually is just going to be the piston. That way if I sell it I can put it back stock. I wouldn't buy a modified saw nor would I sell one. For laugh and giggles I will use the piston to change port timing a little and see what happens. It did help the little saw, but just about made it useless as a work saw. It just burned too much gas even though it was fun to run. I found on dirt bikes that in most cases you will lose power in trying to port the cylinders. The factory spent thousands of hours getting the ports right. A lot of discussion is on this on the kxriders forum. Just research and see what Stewart is able to do with a Kx500 with stock porting.

Need to ask again, does anyone have any side isolators for the 3400-4000 series saws, mine is cracked in half and new they are NLA?????

Need to ask again, does anyone have any side isolators for the 3400-4000 series saws, mine is cracked in half and new they are NLA?????

Others know more than me but I got some small husky ones and got them to work real well. All the ones on one of our saws were shot.

Back