Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should, weather you know it or not, if that 3000 has a good P/C on it, I'm betting you just found your new favorite 50cc saw!

They sure are nice saws. I haven't ran saws of that series, other than a quick test cut or two at the shop after a carb rebuild. They're well built for the time period and price point. They also come up from time to time on CL here. I'm going to have to grab the next one that does.

A little birdie told me that the parts lot is going to Canada.

A little birdie, or a cow with makeup?:cool2:

No offense to the Beeemer & Benz drivers out there, but I prefer American "stuff".:msp_thumbup:

Patriotic.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I'm with you brother Gregg. No German cars for me and I'm mostly German. And a Jap truck? :ices_rofl: Get serious, did they even ever make one with a 8ft bed? :hmm3grin2orange: Those are not trucks, there yuppie luch box haulers.

I'll take mine from the US of A.

attachment.php

They sure are nice saws. I haven't ran saws of that series, other than a quick test cut or two at the shop after a carb rebuild. They're well built for the time period and price point. They also come up from time to time on CL here. I'm going to have to grab the next one that does.

A little birdie, or a cow with makeup?:cool2:

Wrong part of Canada and I aint saying no more except I didnt see those parts till it was too late and probaly wouldnt have paid that much for so much that I didnt need.

Ah the Poulan 76 'Patriotic' version of an XX.....

000_0179.jpg

As far as Poulan XX's are concerned, I've got the red and white covered, but not the blue. IHC did a Spirit of 76 Scout II. I see them around here every once in a while. That Poulan 76 would look good in the back of one.:D

I'm with you brother Gregg. No German cars for me and I'm mostly German. And a Jap truck? :ices_rofl: Get serious, did they even ever make one with a 8ft bed? :hmm3grin2orange: Those are not trucks, there yuppie luch box haulers.

I'll take mine from the US of A.

attachment.php

I hear ya Mark. I'm mostly Swiss, part German. Only German stuff I own is a Luger and a couple old Mausers. :laugh: This was the only full size pickup i have owned. I only had one saw at the time. A 3400.

78f150-1.jpg

Gregg,

I hear ya Mark. I'm mostly Swiss, part German. Only German stuff I own is a Luger and a couple old Mausers. :laugh: This was the only full size pickup i have owned. I only had one saw at the time. A 3400.

Gregg,

Dang nice truck Gregg!
You sure you aren't from Dixie???

You forgot to mention that the 3400 did everything you needed a saw to do and you never felt "under-gunned" until you came to ArboristSite and found out how underpriviledged you were.LOL

Mike

No German cars for me and I'm mostly German. And a Jap truck? :ices_rofl: Get serious, did they even ever make one with a 8ft bed? :hmm3grin2orange: Those are not trucks, there yuppie luch box haulers.

If I ever see ya along the road, I'll give you boys a tow home with my yuppie land cruiser... It's almost broken it at 275K miles:)

Poulans are an American Exception. In MY humble opinion. :msp_thumbup:

PP 335 Complete

This is one of 2 that I had in a big score a year ago. Both PP 335s, 20" .325 replaceable tip bars. The first had a 2 reing piston, this one used a single ring. It was super dirty, missing the carb cover, air filter and all the top cover screws. I tore it down as usual and cleaned all the parts, surprisingly clean saw underneath the gunk. I left this one stock, didnt pull the jug and remove the base gasket like I did the first one. I still have to find another handle screw but I have a parts saw for it. Getting a new loop of chain tomm. Also this is the first saw that had its carb cleaned with an ultra sonic cleaner havent tested it yet but it should be fine. Has great spark 150 psi, new lines and filters.
before
SummerFall2010254.jpg

after
Saw with its marketing!
pp164.jpg

pp165.jpg

Last edited:
That "like" under your post is actually a LOVE!!! I have the chance to buy that same sign from a local dealer. Is it 2 sided? Anyone want to venture a value on it???

Nice score!!!!

haha thanks. The sign is single sided tin. I got it with 3 other cool signs. Not sure the value but I paid $75 for the Poulan sign, Oregon chain sign, Briggs sign and a tecumseh sign.

Hey guys I need some advice my poulan 3500 just took a turn for the worse. After cutting wood for two hours. The shaft, floating rim, needle bearing and clutch assembly all took a dump. I removed the clutch when I got home I pulled the clutch off and I could wiggle the shaft back and forth the shaft assembly is 115 dollars to replace. I buddy at a loal dealer offered me 60 dollars for the saw and will sell me a used husky 350 with 18" bar for 150 plus my 3500. The husky is in great shape. Any recommendations on what I should do.

William

nice!!!

nice sign!!! nice saw!!!

This is one of 2 that I had in a big score a year ago. Both PP 335s, 20" .325 replaceable tip bars. The first had a 2 reing piston, this one used a single ring. It was super dirty, missing the carb cover, air filter and all the top cover screws. I tore it down as usual and cleaned all the parts, surprisingly clean saw underneath the gunk. I left this one stock, didnt pull the jug and remove the base gasket like I did the first one. I still have to find another handle screw but I have a parts saw for it. Getting a new loop of chain tomm. Also this is the first saw that had its carb cleaned with an ultra sonic cleaner havent tested it yet but it should be fine. Has great spark 150 psi, new lines and filters.
before
SummerFall2010254.jpg

after
Saw with its marketing!
pp164.jpg

pp165.jpg

Hey guys I need some advice my poulan 3500 just took a turn for the worse. After cutting wood for two hours. The shaft, floating rim, needle bearing and clutch assembly all took a dump. I removed the clutch when I got home I pulled the clutch off and I could wiggle the shaft back and forth the shaft assembly is 115 dollars to replace. I buddy at a loal dealer offered me 60 dollars for the saw and will sell me a used husky 350 with 18" bar for 150 plus my 3500. The husky is in great shape. Any recommendations on what I should do. William

Define "back and forth"!
If you mean from side to side (looking from the rear of the saw to the front just as you would be holding it) that is normal.
If you mean that there is movement from front to rear that is bad.
A Husky 350 is a great homeowner/firewood saw and with a little work can be even better, but $150.00 is the going price for a real clean one. You might as well say you are going to buy his saw and give him yours.
I recommend that you post a video of what is going on with your saw.

Mike

Thanks for the sedan recommendations guys. I was thinking about getting one so I can start doing periodic trips to go help my elderly folks out, one state down. Dang if I want to greydog that trip all the time, and flying is just slap out. I don't want to run my old rat datsun truck that far all the time.

Zog, if you are looking for mileage, and a German diesel, I'd reccomend a Golf or Jetta diesel. IF you canfind somebody that will sell one, expect 45+ MPG. Not too har dto convert them to grease burners either. The old 300 Mercs get decent mileage when compared to like sized big car gas burners,but don't come close to the VW's.

Oh, Poulan srock.Looking forward to hanging the 24" on the PP375 and tying into some well seasoned maple. Should be fun.

Dang nice truck Gregg!
You sure you aren't from Dixie???

You forgot to mention that the 3400 did everything you needed a saw to do and you never felt "under-gunned" until you came to ArboristSite and found out how underpriviledged you were.LOL

Mike

Thanks Mike, Well, I was born in Ohio, but spent a couple of my formative years in Tenn.:laugh:
I thought when all I had was that 3400, I was "steppin in high cotton". I cut up a 4-5' Burr Oak that the state took down back in 1988. I worked at that thing for better part of a month. But eventually got it cut up and split, with some creative cutting..LOL Never again will I pick on a tree that size for firewood. The work involved just seemed a bit much.
But your right! I didn't know I was under gunned at the time. The 3400 did its job very well.

Gregg,

Define "back and forth"!
If you mean from side to side (looking from the rear of the saw to the front just as you would be holding it) that is normal.
If you mean that there is movement from front to rear that is bad.
A Husky 350 is a great homeowner/firewood saw and with a little work can be even better, but $150.00 is the going price for a real clean one. You might as well say you are going to buy his saw and give him yours.
I recommend that you post a video of what is going on with your saw.

Mike

With the clutch cover and clutch off, if you are standing in front of the hclutch housing and grab the shaft, you can move the shaft up and down and left and right, you can also push the shaft in the direction of the flywheel and pull it in the direction of the clutch housing. While moving the shaft when you pull it towards the clutch housing and push it towards the flywheel it also makes a clunking sound.

Latest posts

Back