Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of those two fittings goes to the inlet side of the primer bulb. The other is for fuel, I've repaired a bunch of these, just got a memory fade thing, forgot which is which. I tried them both ways and the saw would only run for a few seconds then die. I'll probably end up cleaning the carb and putting a new kit in it after I run the fuel lines right.

My mistake I did not realize you had a primer bulb.

The clutch side cover is in the box but is in bad shape on the bottom, what is the red saw? it says power sharp on the cover and that is all. lots of sprockets as well. you are over in the Lawnmower forum as well?

The red saw is a Craftsman badged brother to your S25DA. Could be a 2.1PS (25DA with Power Sharp), 2.3PS, or some other XXV variant. Would have to see more parts than just the engine to make a possitive ID. Without a model # (or a decal that sez "2.1" or "2.3") you'll have to measure the bore to figure out whether it's a 34cc or 38cc version.

The top bar in that stack (and possibly the one under it) is a Homelite XL2/Super2 bar. They're easy to spot with the 'open' slot with the square adjuster hole in the front. That's the A061 mount. I can't see the tails of the other bars in the stack, so I can't identify them. My guess is they're the A041 Poulan mount as used on the Micros and XXV saws.

Hey everyone, i just resurrected an old S25CVA Countervibe - a wonderful $15 ebay purchase, seller said not run in 20 yrs and would probably never run again, but she still had compression, anyway good news is she is running, after new fuel line, spark plug and general cleanup. pictures below - still missing the original pull starter handle, and it has a vintage oregon bar, is this original? parts on the way from mowers4u so will have it finished soon i hope, have a fair bit of wood to cut :)

View attachment 251307View attachment 251308

Hey everyone, i just resurrected an old S25CVA Countervibe - a wonderful $15 ebay purchase, seller said not run in 20 yrs and would probably never run again, but she still had compression, anyway good news is she is running, after new fuel line, spark plug and general cleanup. pictures below - still missing the original pull starter handle, and it has a vintage oregon bar, is this original? parts on the way from mowers4u so will have it finished soon i hope, have a fair bit of wood to cut :)

View attachment 251307View attachment 251308

251307d1346662163-photo-1-jpg

251308d1346662164-photo-jpg

Good job!:clap:

That red pull handle has GOT to go however. Put another turn of tension on the recoil spring to keep the handle tight against the saw too. Welcome to AS and the Poulan forum.:cheers:

thanks for the advice i have a new cord and starter wheel on order, the teeth are worn causing it to slip and the cord to not always retract, i will keep an eye on ebay for an original handle too, i would prefer to keep it original as well.

And its good to be here - already read some great tips before joining.

The red saw is a Craftsman badged brother to your S25DA. Could be a 2.1PS (25DA with Power Sharp), 2.3PS, or some other XXV variant. Would have to see more parts than just the engine to make a possitive ID. Without a model # (or a decal that sez "2.1" or "2.3") you'll have to measure the bore to figure out whether it's a 34cc or 38cc version.

The top bar in that stack (and possibly the one under it) is a Homelite XL2/Super2 bar. They're easy to spot with the 'open' slot with the square adjuster hole in the front. That's the A061 mount. I can't see the tails of the other bars in the stack, so I can't identify them. My guess is they're the A041 Poulan mount as used on the Micros and XXV saws.

Eccecntric, thank you! i truly do not know much about parts when they are not all together on saws. I will get #'s and additional pics.

Alright guys, I've been all over town looking for a rattle can paint that will match the pp655 with no luck. Went to an automotive paint shop they they quoted be around $50.00 for a can of base and a can for clear!!! I about hit the floor. Only color that comes up remotely close is cat yellow. I surely need help on this matter!! Thanks

You can mix up your own rattle can very easy. Get the best matching color you can find and empty about half of it in a box or something.
Then get a few other colors that you can mix to make the color you want. Put the half can in the freezer for 20 minutes to drop the pressure in the can.
Then couple the cans together with carb cleaner spray nozzles and the straw and hold both down until you hear them stop mixing.
Repeat this process until you get the desired color.
You'll need to get spray cans that can use the nozzles from carb cleaner cans or brake cleaner.
Good luck, Kevin

You can mix up your own rattle can very easy. Get the best matching color you can find and empty about half of it in a box or something.
Then get a few other colors that you can mix to make the color you want. Put the half can in the freezer for 20 minutes to drop the pressure in the can.
Then couple the cans together with carb cleaner spray nozzles and the straw and hold both down until you hear them stop mixing.
Repeat this process until you get the desired color.
You'll need to get spray cans that can use the nozzles from carb cleaner cans or brake cleaner.
Good luck, Kevin

Really, that works? I'll have to remember that.

I guess I'm lucky, my auto parts deale will sell me a half pint of single stage enamel at a time so its not a big cost.

Really, that works? I'll have to remember that.

I guess I'm lucky, my auto parts deale will sell me a half pint of single stage enamel at a time so its not a big cost.

This method works great for mixing spray cans to get your desired color, usually with about 3 cans you can dial in a color preety darn close. Wish I had a decent paint dealer around here.
I used farm yellow, a little white, and a touch of key lime green mixed together to get a color that matched a pioneer P60

Last edited:
View attachment 251360View attachment 251361View attachment 251362 here are better pics of the bars and parts, i put together the micros the best i could, do i have one newer and one older one? the bars are 3 18" and 2 16" and 2 14"s i think. what is the resd saw?

So, you have a couple micros, the one with the black A/F cover is newer than the all green one, but prob not by much. You also have an earlier S25/25 tank and carb box. The red parts are the lower saw frame, clutch cover and crank case for a Sears Craftsman branded 2.1 or 2.3. It is a 25/S25 clone. And the red saw was equipped with the "powersharp" chain sharpener.
You also have a clutch for a mirco and an S25 (the smaller being for the micro), a bunh of drums in 1/4" and 3/8" LP and a larger drum possibly for a 3400? And a newer airfilter that fits none of those saws.

Last edited:
So, you have a couple micros, the one with the black A/F cover is newer than the all green one, but prob not by much. You also have an earlier S25/25 tank and carb box. The red parts are the lower saw frame, clutch cover and crank case for a Sears Craftsman branded 2.1 or 2.3. It is a 25/S25 clone. And the red saw was equipped with the "powersharp" chain sharpener.
You also have a clutch for a mirco and an S25 (the smaller being for the micro), a bunh of drums in 1/4" and 3/8" LP and a larger drum possibly for a 3400? And a newer airfilter that fits none of those saws.

Thank you joe25DA, i wonder if i should even try to make a saw or two with these parts?? i could get one Micro for sure. someone sure like there Poulans. i got this from a guy that does not do saws, he just gets stuff from people.

Hey this Poulan sticky is my favorite place, so anytime guys.

When I get all the parts in for my 335 I will post some pics. I will have twins.

Speaking of that 335, I was on ebay today for the first time in a few days and seen quite a few parts that you might need for that saw. There was a new carb, air filter cover etc that you needed.

Speaking of that 335, I was on ebay today for the first time in a few days and seen quite a few parts that you might need for that saw. There was a new carb, air filter cover etc that you needed.

I have the carb, the carb screws, the filter, filter cover, clutch, and clutch washer. All I am waiting on now is the carb plate that fits up against the boot. Then I will put in new fuel line and filter and finish assembling the saw. Thanks.

Back