Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats Great! Tim, LOL I'm not ashamed to say that I too am fascinated by the sound of the old Poulans.:laugh: Little Elliot might have a different view if he were to hear some of them in person..like ModifiedMark's 71A :ices_rofl:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Unfortunately he did. He got a 20 foot sound test in a cut of my muffler modded 3400 pointed in his general direction. The response was not a smile. he shook, pee'd and pooped himself. We are gradually working up to a re-test in a few of years.
He still gets along great with grandpa I'm happy to say.

It's a slightly dressed up Poulan Pro version of a 3700 with a 4000 style air filter and cover which is an improvement. Well liked saw on here. Depends on what parts it needs whether available or not.

Sounds great. From pictures on the web they look awesome, I like the orange/black. I'm hoping it will just need a carb kit and other usual stuff. We shall see Monday!

So as the story usually goes I am getting hooked up with a saw through a friend who has a friend who has a saw...
He says its for cheap (less than $50) and but it "needs some work" -- sigh.
It is a Poulan Pro 375.
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Appears to be limited information from my googling. From the picture its wearing a 20" sprocket nose B&C. 61cc? I have had some experience with a Super 380, but this looks to be a bit different.
Any comments/anecdotes are welcome. Just wondering if its worth my time.
And since it is a project saw I might be rooting around for some parts...:cheers:

Nice saws and well worth owning - don't be put off if it has a droopy trigger.:msp_biggrin:

P1280677.jpg

Al.

Sounds great. From pictures on the web they look awesome, I like the orange/black. I'm hoping it will just need a carb kit and other usual stuff. We shall see Monday!

Quite often they only need the basics but if the paint is good and it's not missing anything, no cracks, I'll give you back the $50 + shipping.

So as the story usually goes I am getting hooked up with a saw through a friend who has a friend who has a saw...

He says its for cheap (less than $50) and but it "needs some work" -- sigh.

It is a Poulan Pro 375.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Appears to be limited information from my googling. From the picture its wearing a 20" sprocket nose B&C. 61cc? I have had some experience with a Super 380, but this looks to be a bit different.

Any comments/anecdotes are welcome. Just wondering if its worth my time.

And since it is a project saw I might be rooting around for some parts...:cheers:

The 375 was made right at the end of production of the popular 3400, 3700, 4000 series of saws. Somewhere around 1989,90, there abouts. The 375 is 61cc, kinda like a hybrid, half 3700, half 4000. :msp_biggrin: The only difference I have found on them, mine has a Zama carb, the earlier Poulans used a Walbro. They are great saws, and the parts interchange with the Green models.
Heres a vid of my 375, first time I had it in wood.

[video=youtube;DASBbEz8HRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DASBbEz8HRA[/video]

Gregg,

I keep meaning to check mine every time you mention those carbs, Gregg. Seems like mine has the Walbro HDB 8 on it.

See.. I'm not pulling your leg Steve..:ices_rofl: Mine has a Zama C3A carb on it. I switched and put the Walbro on, for kicks. Worked just the same, I couldn't tell a difference. So put the Zama back on.

375016.jpg

Gregg,

Scott, I found three Craftsman model numbers for what appears to be a Poulan 2300CVA. These are from the Craftsman OMs:

358.355063 - 16"

358.357182 - 18"

358.357231 - 18"

UPDATE--I was looking for some Craftsman chainsaw OMs this morning, & noticed two more models that appear to be rebadged 2300CVAs (I didn't note the bar length).

FWIW.

See.. I'm not pulling your leg Steve..:ices_rofl: Mine has a Zama C3A carb on it. I switched and put the Walbro on, for kicks. Worked just the same, I couldn't tell a difference. So put the Zama back on.

Gregg,

Oh I've never doubted your voracity, Gregg. That's why I want to check mine and hope it's the Walbro. Just one less carb kit to keep in stock. :rolleyes2:

When I was much younger, I worked in (what was then) a 'modern' hub for a major shipper that commonly uses brown trucks in their fleet. We were on the last shift of the day, so we had to often clean up messes left by previous crews. Do you have any idea how many of those little dental floss 'cubes' can fit in a 30x30x30 inch box? Can you imagine the mess when two of those 'explode' 30' above the floor because of conveyor belt traffic jams? Those were easy compared to all the crap we had to deal with when there was some sort of liquid/chemical issue. Granted, the percentage of mishaps was small, but a heckuva lot more care could have been taken.
I ordered 2 gallons of Maple syrup last year. Tracked it down to somewhere in Pa where it had a "shipping accident." I DO NOT wanna know what kind of mess that was, lol.

I received a 3400 in the mail that looked like this:

PB160976.jpg

After removing all the cling wrap it was just fine. Guess the guy did not know how to remove the bar and chain.

PB160978.jpg

Al.

You give the human species too much credit. Most of these knuckle dragging imbeciles have trouble opening a soda can, much less disassembling a saw.

I ordered 2 gallons of Maple syrup last year. Tracked it down to somewhere in Pa where it had a "shipping accident." I DO NOT wanna know what kind of mess that was, lol.

You give the human species too much credit. Most of these knuckle dragging imbeciles have trouble opening a soda can, much less disassembling a saw.

I'm kinda leery about disassembling a saw too much when shipping because I'm afraid they might not be able to put it back together. Sometimes it's handy to remove the front handle or the chainbrake if I don't have a box big enough..

Craftsman 3.7 (poulan 3700) bar question.

So I got a 3.7 craftsman/poulan (red) with a 20" Oregon bar and I was wondering if it is gonna work well with a 24" bar.

Also where to buy and which brand bar is good for the $?

Thanks , you poulan guys rule!:rock:

So I got a 3.7 craftsman/poulan (red) with a 20" Oregon bar and I was wondering if it is gonna work well with a 24" bar.

A 24" bar works fine on there. Check out bars on eBay, or my favorite option is to ask at your local dealer or on the swap meet thread to see if anyone had a near new used one. I buy bars for pretty reasonable $ from my local dealer.

I have a 20" on my 3.7 for regular duty, I have run a 28" on it buried in maple and it pulled the chain no problem. Oregon still makes a bar for them in the K041 mount I believe. I have a 20"power match on my 4000. The large mount Husky bars fit too I have a 20" on my 3.7 and Ive run the 28" off my 2101XP on the 3.7.
28" Husky mount
work102.jpg

20" K041 Oregon. This is the bar Meant for them.
094.jpg

Thanks !

Thank you guys for the info on the bars. Think I am gonna go with a 24 husky bar for now.
Just did a muffler mod and after retuning the carb it has more power and cuts faster then before, bit louder too!:rock:

I have a 20" on my 3.7 for regular duty, I have run a 28" on it buried in maple and it pulled the chain no problem. Oregon still makes a bar for them in the K041 mount I believe. I have a 20"power match on my 4000. The large mount Husky bars fit too I have a 20" on my 3.7 and Ive run the 28" off my 2101XP on the 3.7.
28" Husky mount
20" K041 Oregon. This is the bar Meant for them.
]

No Joe the K041 mount is not meant for them, the D176 mount is. I think you just made a mistake.

You should also note that the Husky D009 mount will work but needs some spacers on the bar studs for the 9mm slot and that the chain DL count is sometimes different using it.

Thank you guys for the info on the bars. Think I am gonna go with a 24 husky bar for now.
Just did a muffler mod and after retuning the carb it has more power and cuts faster then before, bit louder too!:rock:

Joe made a boo-boo with his bar designation. The Oregon bar mount pattern for the Poulan 3700/4000 is D176. He must have been referring to his other saws.

OOPs. Mark already caught it. Mea Culpa.

Latest posts

Back