Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the specs on the Poulan Pro Super 380? Any differance from the PP375 at 61cc's? I know my Poulan 3450 Type 3 has 61cc's and is the same as the 3750 and wonder if the 380 is the same or somewhat larger.
Bob

Anyone know the specs on the Poulan Pro Super 380? Any differance from the PP375 at 61cc's? I know my Poulan 3450 Type 3 has 61cc's and is the same as the 3750 and wonder if the 380 is the same or somewhat larger.
Bob

Bob, there basically the same as a 3750.

I seen that one, but I got a bad feeling about it. Make sure its cheap......

Bob

Bob, Like Mark said, they are the same as the 3750 60cc. and I take it, your Type3 3450. Color and decals are the only differences I know of. They are completely different than a 375. Cept maybe the chain.:msp_biggrin: They are lighter than a 375 also, and turn a little more rpm.
I don't think they are any stronger though. The 375 has more grunt. In my non professional opinion.:msp_biggrin:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gregg, I'm with you . The search function is not very user friendly to say the least.
Bob

If it's any help, a member on here (Chris J, I think) pointed me in the right direction for searching on the site. It at least takes you right to the post as opposed to something like the entire Poulan thread.

Open google,

Just type what you want to search for followed by a comma and type site:arboristsite.com

Works pretty good.

ie 3400 fuel line, site:arboristsite.com

If it was you Chris, thanks a lot. It has taken me to tons of good info easily.

Tim

How close is a non-BP 655 (or a P-60 series Pioneer) to the 655BP in performance? Need to know if I can 'live with' (LOL) a non-BP version of this saw...

Believe me, you will be shickled titless with even the non BP 655!!!!!

I believe there will be more difference between a great running regular 655 and a decent but not spectacular regular 655 than there will be between a good running regular and a BP 655.

I've run both kinds and without a long bar and having them side by side you wouldn't know which was which.

Mike

Bob, there basically the same as a 3750.

I seen that one, but I got a bad feeling about it. Make sure its cheap......

Think you're right. Ran my 3450 Type 3 today and it runs very well. No need for a PP380. Do have a hankering for a Homelite 360 but not sure I'll see much diff. from a Poulan 3400. Joe has both so I'm curious as to his thoughts.
Bob

Think you're right. Ran my 3450 Type 3 today and it runs very well. No need for a PP380. Do have a hankering for a Homelite 360 but not sure I'll see much diff. from a Poulan 3400. Joe has both so I'm curious as to his thoughts.
Bob

I had a Homelite 360 once. Key word is "had".

There not a bad saw but I would take the 3400 anyday.

My 655 is a non BP model but it does have Boysen reeds, the governor blocked off, and the muffler opened up, ZERO port work but it still pulls strong. I am building a 655BP model that should be very strong as it will have all the above plus some internal stuff done (to an engineer the world is a giant toy box full of substandard toys, chainsaws included).

As far as the seller of the bars, I only have his name and am real hesitant to post that in open forum. They were bought last year and off the bay so it is only in my paypal account. These are 36" bars, .375, .063, and the pioneer/poulan mount. They were advertised as NOS even though he had to install the tips, you could tell by looking at the tip it was a home installation with a ball peen hammer sorta chicken####......

Yes must be the same joker I got mine from.

Seems I looked it up after the fact but the part number on it matched one for a .404 pitch, and is probably why he switched the tips out. I also remember now that it was a 32" bar which should have been 105DL chain but being it was a D007 mount it needed a 110DL chain.

That was the real kicker.

98CD9047.jpg

My new-to-me Poulan Pro 375 as received. Everything is in great condition other than the fuel system. The fuel line and vent were extremely detoriated. I'm sure it will need a new carb kit as well. Piston/cylinder/rings all look perfect. It was a Texas dept. of transportation saw previously. Looks to be well taken care of. I have the fuel lines and it has the duckbill vent and 2-way fitting so it should be good to go once I get a carb kit.

98CD9047.jpg

My new-to-me Poulan Pro 375 as received. Everything is in great condition other than the fuel system. The fuel line and vent were extremely detoriated. I'm sure it will need a new carb kit as well. Piston/cylinder/rings all look perfect. It was a Texas dept. of transportation saw previously. Looks to be well taken care of. I have the fuel lines and it has the duckbill vent and 2-way fitting so it should be good to go once I get a carb kit.

Nice saw, you notice that saw not only has the 4000 style covers and filter setup, it also has the 4000 style muffler which is a bit more free flowing then the 3700 that saw is based on.

Nice decal also, and I know of a guy who might be reproducing them and needs a good up close picture of that one. You could maybe help us out with that? Is the recoil decal as good?

Nice saw, you notice that saw not only has the 4000 style covers and filter setup, it also has the 4000 style muffler which is a bit more free flowing then the 3700 that saw is based on.

Nice decal also, and I know of a guy who might be reproducing them and needs a good up close picture of that one. You could maybe help us out with that? Is the recoil decal as good?

Your up early!

Nice saw. I really need decals for mine if they should happen to be reproduced I would really like a set.

Latest posts

Back