Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not this one:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't seem to keep the chain tight.

Grandma got it free at a garage sale. Brody's (age 4) go to saw.......................................................

Lotta wear on that hardnose bar. Maybe a little more oil, or a sprocket nose?

Honestly, since you got it that far down, why not make it right? They worked fine when all the componets are in good shape. The checkvalve is nothing more then a plain ole Poulan duckbill valve and those are good for about 20 years it seems. :hmm3grin2orange:

I forgot that I photoed my Ridgid branded version when I done it some time back. Pictured are the connector, the duckbill, the line in the tank and the duckbill with a pice of larger hose over it. Thats all thats needed.

There was another type of check valve that was used that was a flat piece of plastic with a rubber flap type valve on it but that was a early version and NLA anyway.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark, what was that Connector part # 53002?475. Picture reflection obscures one number?
Bob

Score

I decided to get the McCulloch (gawd, I hope I spelled that right), today instead of the Craftsman Micro. Paid $40 for the Mac and he asked if I wnted to look at a couple more. Walked out the door with a Craftsman top handle with chain brake and a 3400 for $20 each. Feeling good. I'll post pics after dinner when I find out what models I bought.

Someone needs to jump on him with the sense stick and knock some into him! $600 for that? I love my green saws, but DAYUM!!

In other news, there is NOTHING that warms the bones better than oak in the wood stove, NOTHING!!

Well, from the seller's POV, he can always come down eventually, especially if he isn't hurting for the cash now. Hard to go back up after you sold it at a "you suck"! price....

--so far today, going into the stove (nice cold drizzly fall day here) I am going through one of my mixed bag stacks, a little beech, some tulip poplar, small chunka hickory, some pine stuff, and..I forget now. Assorted. But ya, nice cold day I am shoving oak splits in there, with unsplit hickory rounds and big fat uglies of whatever for the "all nighters".

Today's saws

Well Here's a few pics. Likley have to put them in 2 posts. Not sure what's up with the picture posting but you can scroll through the thumbnails

I haven't done anything to them yet except have a quick look.

The 3400 has a plastic clutch cover/bar clamp. What's with that?
It looks exactly the same as my 3400 mag cover. Interestingly, the paint underneath the green magnesium is yellow. Feels like it has good compression.

The Craftsman compression feels good as well. and seems complete but I know zero about this variety. Bilingual clutch cover decal. Gonna burn that off (LOL). Has a banana bar.

Finally, and I know wrong thread, the Mac has a flat top carb. All that is stamped on the bottom is

380 C1080
As in pic.

Came with a wide 16" bar. Looks like a joke on there. two more pics of the Mac in the next post

Nice score Tim. The a/f on that 3400 is black, are there and louvers cu tinto the back of it? If so it is off a 3700 and they are better than the 3400 set up (not quite as good as the 4000) Id pull that muffler too, maybe you see a bare piston and thin rings:msp_unsure:
That Mac looks like a 1-4x series. I had a 1-42 looked similar

Poulan 4000

Just picked up a good running 4000 for dirt cheap. Guy says oiler doesn't work though hence the sale. Can't wait to unbox it on Friday!

Nice score Tim. The a/f on that 3400 is black, are there and louvers cu tinto the back of it? If so it is off a 3700 and they are better than the 3400 set up (not quite as good as the 4000) Id pull that muffler too, maybe you see a bare piston and thin rings:msp_unsure:
That Mac looks like a 1-4x series. I had a 1-42 looked similar

Joe, You just made my day! Just pulled the muffler off and it has two thin rings. I've been looking for a 3700 for some time.

Now I figure that's the best $20 I've spent in a long time excepting flowers for my wife who lets me buy saws with nothing more said than "go get it".

Well Here's a few pics. Likley have to put them in 2 posts. Not sure what's up with the picture posting but you can scroll through the thumbnails

I haven't done anything to them yet except have a quick look.

The 3400 has a plastic clutch cover/bar clamp. What's with that?
It looks exactly the same as my 3400 mag cover. Interestingly, the paint underneath the green magnesium is yellow. Feels like it has good compression.

The Craftsman compression feels good as well. and seems complete but I know zero about this variety. Bilingual clutch cover decal. Gonna burn that off (LOL). Has a banana bar.

Finally, and I know wrong thread, the Mac has a flat top carb. All that is stamped on the bottom is

380 C1080
As in pic.

Came with a wide 16" bar. Looks like a joke on there. two more pics of the Mac in the next post

Well I aint a Mac guy and thats all I'm going to say, Aaron gets mad if I say more. :msp_rolleyes: Gotcha a couple good Poulans though! Like Joe says thats a 3700 air filter cover on it. The Craftsman is a Micro based Poulan 2300 CVA and a pretty good little saws and are powerful too. Do I see a Canadian decal on it and does is say made in Markham Ontario on it?

Guys I just came in from cleaning and cleaning some more on all the parts to this 8500, it was a filthy mess.

I found out something I wasnt thinking about and was a little surprised to find that this saw was not painted but was powder coated from the factory. :msp_unsure:

I was all set to blast the parts and paint it but am not so sure now. I want this saw to look like new but want to run it some as well and am thinking that maybe I should look into getting it powder coated again instead of painting it.

The only thing that concerns me is the color matching. The black should be no problem as I know they have a black that is not super glossy but I dont know if they can match the lime green like is needed. Anyone know about that?

I'm going to look into seeing if someone local does it and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back