Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't find my thread for this saw, but it is nice to have AS back. I've been working this saw a bit, and what a blast it is to run. I'm wanting to get a 28" bar and chain, and it has a 20 right now. Is there a Stihl chain I can get for this saw. I really like their chains. Any bar and chain combo recommendations?

Yes, you can use a stihl chain. All you need to know is the number of drive links your bar requires, and the gauge of your bar. Different bar manuf. require different drive link counts for the same length bar. Go to Baileys and they have a search function for various bars and chains.
Bob

Can't find my thread for this saw, but it is nice to have AS back. I've been working this saw a bit, and what a blast it is to run. I'm wanting to get a 28" bar and chain, and it has a 20 right now. Is there a Stihl chain I can get for this saw. I really like their chains. Any bar and chain combo recommendations?

Using Stihl chain on it is not a problem. Just have to find the right size for the bar your gonna use on it. I run Stihl RSC chain on several of my Poulans. If ya can't find any pre-made loops the correct size, just go to any decent Sthil dealer, and they can make ya one.

Gregg,

Posting a picture, seems to be a little more sensible and direct than it used to be. Can paste it right in the post without a run around.

245A003-1.jpg

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back