Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend in Canada who has a grey Craftsman "Special Edition" version of that Micro CVA. Here's the only pic of it that I can find right now. There sure were some interesting Canadian Poulans.

img_0162-jpg.320267

That's strange. I can see it just fine..............and there's a 'reduced sized' version (that I can also see) in your post (where you quoted my post). He sent me the pic in a PM (conversation I guess they're called now). I grabbed the URL from his 'conversation' post. Hmm.....

img_0162-jpg.320267

Last edited:
That's strange. I can see it just fine..............and there's a 'reduced sized' version (that I can also see) in your post. He sent me the pic in a PM (conversation I guess they're called now). I grabbed the URL from his 'conversation' post. Hmm.....

img_0162-jpg.320267

Still can't see it. Must be a function of the cross border internet police.
PM me the link and I'll keep my eye open for one for you.

Isn't the Micro XXV CVA the same as the 2300 CVA? I read that somewhere. There's a 2300 CVA for sale about an hour away from me, are they desirable saws?

Scott in Penfield NY

This is funny right here, disparaging remarks on Poulan's marketing.

You realise we are talking about what might be the most produced model of chainsaw ever!

That leads me to believe the marketing dept was doing a alright job.

Some might say the decades of sales of "what might be the most produced model of chainsaw ever!" were in spite of Poulan marketing efforts. I'm guessing that much of the success of the top-handle Poulan saws was word-of-mouth and reputation more than marketing.

There have been other "disparaging remarks on Poulan's marketing" posted on AS, some from very knowledgeable AS members, regarding how Poulan muddied the water with model numbers and names over the years. Some of the confusion actually isn't surprising given the number of ownership changes that Poulan has undergone.

This thread is a great resource for Poulan information.

Some might say the decades of sales of "what might be the most produced model of chainsaw ever!" were in spite of Poulan marketing efforts. I'm guessing that much of the success of the top-handle Poulan saws was word-of-mouth and reputation more than marketing.

There have been other "disparaging remarks on Poulan's marketing" posted on AS, some from very knowledgeable AS members, regarding how Poulan muddied the water with model numbers and names over the years. Some of the confusion actually isn't surprising given the number of ownership changes that Poulan has undergone.

This thread is a great resource for Poulan information.

You can dislike my post all you want to.It it's what it is,I was working in a shop selling those Poulan saws not a couple years after the micro was introduced. We never had any confusion with the model designations. Poulan sent plenty of brochures and such to every shop so it was all there out in the open. The customers were not confused.

I have a pdf IPL of micro xxv that shows 14" 16" and cva parts too. If needed. It just dont say micro xxv cva, but shows the same as 1st page that was scanned here earlier with cva parts breakdown.

Found it on the HD. See if this will work. Page 7 shows cva

Attachments

• microxxv.PDF
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have a pdf IPL of micro xxv that shows 14" 16" and cva parts too. If needed. It just dont say micro xxv cva, but shows the same as 1st page that was scanned here earlier with cva parts breakdown.

Found it on the HD. See if this will work. Page 7 shows cva

I think that that is the one for the 1800, 2000 & 2300. I did manage to find one for the Micro S25CVA on line but it's one of those that would have to be downloaded as a picture (gif file) and then the parts list pasted in.
If my friend comes up with the wrong one, I'll put one together but it will end up as an MS Excel file as I don't have the software to build a pdf file.

Here, I fixed the updside down and did an OCR on the file (so some of the text can be selected/copied from the pdf.)

Scott in Penfield NY

Attachments

• micro S25CVA IPL.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Back