Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to all here.

This is my first post on this site.
I have searched a topic to say hello, but can`t find it:(.

So then here:

My name is Björn, 34 years old, live with my wife and two kids in western germany and like to make some firewood.;)
Some years ago I begun to like old chainsaws, the sound, the smoke, the good vibrations and and and....

In this moment I have so round about 26 chainsaws I think. Not that much, but I try to find more for my shed:).

Here in this puolan thread belongs my two saws here I think.;)

This are my poulan made ridgid chainsaws. Once the 590-17 and the other the 850-21AV.

If you need more pictures, let me know!

I am hoping to have a good time here!
Best regards
Björn

Hi to all here.

This is my first post on this site.
I have searched a topic to say hello, but can`t find it:(.

So then here:

My name is Björn, 34 years old, live with my wife and two kids in western germany and like to make some firewood.;)
Some years ago I begun to like old chainsaws, the sound, the smoke, the good vibrations and and and....

In this moment I have so round about 26 chainsaws I think. Not that much, but I try to find more for my shed:).

Here in this puolan thread belongs my two saws here I think.;)

This are my poulan made ridgid chainsaws. Once the 590-17 and the other the 850-21AV.

If you need more pictures, let me know!

I am hoping to have a good time here!
Best regards
Björn
Nice saws. Great shape. Look like either a poulan 306a, 245a and either a 4200 or 5200. I'm sure someone will provide the exact Poulan models.

Thanks!!

Yes, they are Poulan 306 A and 5200. Both are strong runners. But the bigger one needs in near future a new sprocket. Not easy to find here in germany but I think in the USA it should be no problem to get:)

Best regards
Björn
Welcome. Nice saws. Seals are not available for the 306A here in the US. How about in Deutschland. I have 2 306A's and one 245A that need seals. Would love to run them. Great shape otherwise

Hi and thanks again:cool:

But I have no leaking saw....

I have just a worn sprocket on the Ridgid 850.
This saw was leaking chain oil in the crankcase, but a friend of me sealed her new:clap:

To get sealings here in germany is no problem!

I will upload this evening some detail pictures of my Ridgids.

Until then,

Bye
Björn

Stupid question, will Poulan 3400 bars fit properly and work with 4200's? I put the bar off of my 3400 on the 4200 and it seemed to fit right but will it oil correctly?

Picked up another 3400 today. I got it because it's in really good shape and it just had $80 worth of tune up (carb cleaning, new plug, fuel lines, etc.) in April.
20" bar and chain, looks original. Paid $115 but it also came with another chain and I thought that was a fair price considering condition. I sold my Stihl 038 AV
cheap to my father in law to buy this one, but he really likes the 038 and we go cutting together anyway. I gotta quit looking on CL though.
Hopefully going to go cut some wood tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

20141025_153030.jpg 20141025_153041.jpg

Wow I can't sell a running 3400 with like New chain and bar for $75.00

Well, I like the saw and from what I've seen they seem to go right now from $100-$125 in decent shape. I don't think $115 is a bad deal
for a great condition, well made 56cc saw with an extra chain. But I could be wrong, you all have been at this longer than I have! :)

Wow I can't sell a running 3400 with like New chain and bar for $75.00

And I could sell an 038 in my area for $350, all day long , no problem.

Did pay $75 for my latest 3400 last year, but most folks would for one this nice. Even runs!

1-DSC04419.JPG

Well, I like the saw and from what I've seen they seem to go right now from $100-$125 in decent shape. I don't think $115 is a bad deal
for a great condition, well made 56cc saw with an extra chain. But I could be wrong, you all have been at this longer than I have! :)

Ya did good, but your father-in-law owes you big time down the road somewhere!!!

Ya did good.

Thanks. I could sell the 038 AV for probably $300 here locally, but like I said my father in law likes it a lot and wanted me to look for one for him. Haven't been able to find one so instead
I just sold mine to him cheap cause he does a lot for me and I picked up the 3400 cause I like the green:)

Back