Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. Nice saws. Seals are not available for the 306A here in the US. How about in Deutschland. I have 2 306A's and one 245A that need seals. Would love to run them. Great shape otherwise
Have you seen this reference info?
Wow I can't sell a running 3400 with like New chain and bar for $75.00

I hear you. Prices seem to vary from $70 to $125 depending on condition. I got caught with my pants down on a minty 3400 on Ebay. Needed another 3400 like a hole in the head but I bid $100 thinkiing it might go higher and I wouldn't feel guilty. Well, you can guess what happened! I now have another 3400!!!!
Bob

Hi Stephen.

These Ridgid chainsaws were (what I know) sold in the netherlands or (and) belgium.

I found my 590 for some bugs in germany near the dutch borderline and the 850 I got from a dutch collector friend!

The red craftmans I would like to see!!!

One and a half year ago, I found a Ridgid 690 for sale in belgium in the web.....but the price was skyhigh:cry:

Edit: A Craftsman is to see in your post.....sorry

Best regards
Björn

Those Ridgid saws you have are very nice. I have not seen the Poulan's in silver paint around here. Sears Craftsman red is the only other color I have seen.

They also came in orange, here are my 2 Dayton 4Z252's (5200):

Dayton52001_zps9f0481d7.jpg

Dayton4Z2523_zps67f6497a.jpg

I also have a 3400 that is rebadged as a Western Auto Wizard that is orange as well, this is the only picture I can find.
DavidBradley002.jpg

image1.JPG Firewood throwdown part 3:

Tuned the the Pioneer and Craftsman properly - both zip and turn up nicely, and run about as well as anyone would hope - I figure.

I figure it's a dead heat at the moment.. The slightly larger pioneer (58cc) might have a bit more tourque, but it's only driving a 16" bar, compared to the 18 on the Craftsman (3400).

Running 30:1 now, 91 Octane with Castrol "Super" 2 stroke oil. Says low ash on the back. I might try a little higher ratio if/when I find some synthetic mix.

Still waiting on the clutch for the XL-76, the sprocket arrived Friday.

After the wood is all cut, I might go over the carb on the 3400. It hasn't been touched in a few years.

Here's the piston .. Assuming that these are the "skinny" rings consistent with a 3400, and that I don't have one of the 3700's in 3400 clothing I heard were common to Canadian / craftsman saws?
bd553c0412641e6b696faf6e3876fa43.jpg

Aha, I had it backward. Mine definitely looks like the one on the left in your pic, fossil.

Wonder why some of them ended up as 3700's? Not that I'm complaining. The p/c looks real nice - at least as much of it as I can see through the exhaust port.. Pulled 125 psi when I checked it last week.

Aha, I had it backward. Mine definitely looks like the one on the left in your pic, fossil.

Wonder why some of them ended up as 3700's? Not that I'm complaining. The p/c looks real nice - at least as much of it as I can see through the exhaust port.. Pulled 125 psi when I checked it last week.

Interesting. Both my 3700's pull around 170 psi on compression. 125 psi is really low for a 3700 but in the common area for a 3400. The Canadian built saws were assembled in the Skil plant on Toronto and there seemed to be a bit of substitution on the up side. Maybe to make shipments.
That's the first grey 3700 I've heard of. I wonder if your comp gauge is off. How many pulls on the starter did you take when you measured the compression?
Take a pic of the stater pulley and post it of you would.

About 4-5 pulls. I will test again. I'm using an automotive compression tester.. I've only used it a few times.

I will send that pic next time I'm in the garage (this week).

It is a Craftsman branded saw, supposedly a 3.4 / 56cc. A Poulan clutch cover was put on it and painted black at some point.

Older gent had it since new, I have the Sears manual for it packed away somewhere.

3589426f0a0992907b0235b9f5fbfed3.jpg

127cc0a172dbf6574ef21fa6ca27a9b2.jpg

About 4-5 pulls. I will test again. I'm using an automotive compression tester.. I've only used it a few times.

I will send that pic next time I'm in the garage (this week).

It is a Craftsman branded saw, supposedly a 3.4 / 56cc. A Poulan clutch cover was put on it and painted black at some point.

Older gent had it since new, I have the Sears manual for it packed away somewhere.

3589426f0a0992907b0235b9f5fbfed3.jpg

127cc0a172dbf6574ef21fa6ca27a9b2.jpg

Just my personal opinion but that Vanguard chain you have on the Craftsman will do it no favours.

Pray tell what reference info?

:)That's what's so great about getting old & senile Jerry. You make "new" discoveries that you already read about last year, but had forgotten them.

Search for the thread "Seal finders here you go. Poulan 306-245 seal measurments" started by Modified Mark.

Latest posts

Back