Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Points for creativity I guess?
After going through the hell of doing one on my craftsman branded s25, I can see why lol
I find if you remove the top handle from the saw you can run the fuel line very easy through all locations. While you have it apart you can check everything and clean it.
I shouldn't really say that. I've done some dumb stuff in the past like having a 3400 clutch fly off at max rpm across the street and half way across the neighbors yard. :dizzy:

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Points for creativity I guess?
After going through the hell of doing one on my craftsman branded s25, I can see why lol

This dead soft 20 gauge copper spool wire is the cats azz for pulling Tygon tubing...I originally bought it
for a fishing applicaton, but it's now got a place in my saw repair box!

Cut a taper on the tubing end, punch a hole in it near the tip of the taper & stick this through the
hole, bend a bit over, and then go after it.

Attachments

• CuSpool.jpg
    CuSpool.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 12
I shouldn't really say that. I've done some dumb stuff in the past like having a 3400 clutch fly off at max rpm across the street and half way across the neighbors yard. :dizzy:
Dang, glad I'm not the only one that done that crap, I even tried to stop it with my hand, lesson learned.

Steve

LOL truth to that. I have seen some weird stuff in my time as have you. I would pay a nice finders fee to someone if they could find that model in Orange that says AC on it.

Mark..I think I know a fellow in Kentucky, that would be more than happy to put a AC sticker on anything you might have. :D

But I would be careful, he's liable to put a Mopar or Cummins sticker on too! :laughing:

Gregg,

Cleaned up the garage a bit last night so I decided to take a couple saw "family photos". I've come a long way in year and a half after starting with 3 cream sickles:) (Sorry for the big pics)

View attachment 481503

View attachment 481504

Wow Nate! I like your big pictures!! and I like your saws! For a minute there I thought I was looking at one of Gary's pics. (Guido) The supreme saw hoarder. LOL

Gregg,

Wow Nate! I like your big pictures!! and I like your saws! For a minute there I thought I was looking at one of Gary's pics. (Guido) The supreme saw hoarder. LOL

Gregg,

Well I don't think I'll hoarding many more, I'll be cutting with these for a long time! But at the same time, I don't like to pass when I find a really good deal.

I learned that one early on in my Poulan tinkering career. I zipped off the clutch with my air gun.... I think I had springs, clutch shoes, and bits & pieces bouncing off every wall in the shop. :eek: Found everything...and I still had all my important body parts. It kinda ranks up there with other stupid stuff I might have done in the past, but don't want to admit to. Like never getting a saw pinched, never pouring fuel or oil in the wrong hole, never running bar oil all over every where while filling, never (temporarily) putting a chain on backwards, never cranking on a saw for 5 minutes before remembering to flip the switch to ON. Etc, etc, :D

Gregg,

I learned that one early on in my Poulan tinkering career. I zipped off the clutch with my air gun.... I think I had springs, clutch shoes, and bits & pieces bouncing off every wall in the shop. :eek: Found everything...and I still had all my important body parts. It kinda ranks up there with other stupid stuff I might have done in the past, but don't want to admit to. Like never getting a saw pinched, never pouring fuel or oil in the wrong hole, never running bar oil all over every where while filling, never (temporarily) putting a chain on backwards, never cranking on a saw for 5 minutes before remembering to flip the switch to ON. Etc, etc, :D

Gregg,

I've done that with the on/off switch several times haha!

Gregg,
I do the oil thing on purpose all of the time. Can't get to much oil on the bar to start off.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Nate, Of your saws you have pictured, I would take the full wrap 5200, 4000, and 3000, point me to the woods and I would be a very happy man! ;)

Gregg,

Sounds like a pretty good 3 saw plan to me! I really need to get out and do some cutting. Talking to my brother in law about that last night actually. Kinda tough right now, most weeks I only have one day off it's spent with the fam. Summer is when I cut most.

Nate, nice collection of saws! Kinda reminds me of a sports team lineup! I especially love your 5200's with full wraps and also the Husky 2100. Good for you and thanks for sharing. Max.

Thank you, those are my favorites too. I do love the mid range Counter Vibes though. I enjoy em and love tinkering with em. Can't wait to cut with several of them I still haven't used yet. I'm sure there are some killer collections between everybody on here, but those are my little contribution haha!

Latest posts

Back