Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more for any new members
43ee7df36f9c58a9bab7c3d696b9455d.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Glad to see the 245 again!
Last time I saw that it was on the tailgate of my truck!

True 361 306 245 guide plates. Note the outer plate has no adjustment slot or oiler holes
aeca8e871b6fb44681d6c9c7a2be0bb1.jpg

I have owned many 306-245 and alot of them from the original owner. I will tell you that many of the outer bar plates had the other slot in it. Fact is most of these saws were some of the oldest of the 306-245 models. These saws were purchased new by the owners I purchased them from.

I just put my 4200 together. It's been apart for two or three years waiting for me to learn how to spray paint. The job is not great but I think I almost know enough to do a better job next time. The color is close but not right on. I had the paint on a NOS brake for the saw scanned and mixed up. You'll have to take my word for that until I can get some pics outdoors so the color is better. I still need to find some 1" tube to add the missing pipe on the muffler. I think I'll also match the muffler to the exhaust port as the muffler is at least 1/8" narrower. I probably won't add decals as this is my noodling saw.IMG_0969.jpg IMG_0972.jpg DSCF2829.JPG DSCF2833.JPG

I just put my 4200 together. It's been apart for two or three years waiting for me to learn how to spray paint. The job is not great but I think I almost know enough to do a better job next time. The color is close but not right on. I had the paint on a NOS brake for the saw scanned and mixed up. You'll have to take my word for that until I can get some pics outdoors so the color is better. I still need to find some 1" tube to add the missing pipe on the muffler. I think I'll also match the muffler to the exhaust port as the muffler is at least 1/8" narrower. I probably won't add decals as this is my noodling saw.View attachment 486803 View attachment 486804 View attachment 486805 View attachment 486806

Looks great! The color is right on. Phew, I'm glad that I am not the only one that does saw stuff on the kitchen table.

I just put my 4200 together. It's been apart for two or three years waiting for me to learn how to spray paint. The job is not great but I think I almost know enough to do a better job next time. The color is close but not right on. I had the paint on a NOS brake for the saw scanned and mixed up. You'll have to take my word for that until I can get some pics outdoors so the color is better. I still need to find some 1" tube to add the missing pipe on the muffler. I think I'll also match the muffler to the exhaust port as the muffler is at least 1/8" narrower. I probably won't add decals as this is my noodling saw.View attachment 486803 View attachment 486804 View attachment 486805 View attachment 486806

Looks fantastic Tim! Color looks damn near perfect to me. Well done!

Looks great! The color is right on. Phew, I'm glad that I am not the only one that does saw stuff on the kitchen table.

I have rebuilt carbs at the kitchen table and removed cylinder transfer by hand, but that is probably the most I can get away with and I'm being careful when I do those things haha!

Tim, what is with the throttle lock lever on the top of the back handle, I've never seen that on this series of saw? (Also, sweet orange 4000 in the last pic:))

I have rebuilt carbs at the kitchen table and removed cylinder transfer by hand, but that is probably the most I can get away with and I'm being careful when I do those things haha!

All of my carb rebuilds happen in the kitchen. I have better light than in the garage. Plus, it's easier to find those metering springs that are floor magnets.

That is a very nice 4200. Looks great. I need more paint!!!

I'm gunna have a good you suck coming up. A guy contact me to get rid of some of his saws. I didn't have money bummer. He called again and said he wants his pp5020 running good again. In return he will give me his other saws. A wild thing, wood shark, crapsman poulan, and 3 mcculloch. So I figured it's worth it. Makes some room for him and he will have his back up saw running

The 4200 looks fantastic Tim!! I wish I had some paint mixed when I did my 5200. I like your green much better! :numberone: Sure is a nice center piece for the dinning room table too. I can picture plates with a steak & baked potato around that saw!! Little piece of heaven that would be! :D

P.S. I would add the decal if were me...that saw is never gonna be cleaner than it is now! lol

Gregg,

Back