Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day, kinda, windy as heck, but at least warm! Finally got the 655 back in one piece and resembling a saw. Took it back to the woods for a few "glamour shots" like some one said..LOL Had intended to actually try it out in some wood, but the recoil was giving me an argument, so will get that straitened up first. Did start very easily....very pleased with that...runs Great! I put it back together with a cylinder gasket. Was gasket-less before. I'm just old fashioned I guess.

I will need to find some Poulan Pro yellow paint and hit the new recoil housing with it, then add the decals also. The old recoil housing was worn and grooved pretty badly. I got lucky and found one to fit, just was still Pioneer colors.. Did a few odds & ends, gaskets, wiring, etc. Added the large dual dogs, K&N air filter, new PP bar 36". I'm pleased with it so far.

Poulan655bp%20002_zpsedgtdorr.jpg

Poulan655bp%20004_zpsjcnwt5ao.jpg

Poulan655bp%20010_zpswf4t1lji.jpg

Poulan655bp%20007_zpsgmgfgrdm.jpg

Poulan655bp%20005_zps1rxd4ocd.jpg

Poulan655bp%20014_zpsxluggjgq.jpg
Poulan655bp%20023_zpsjju1byyb.jpg

Gregg,

Nice day, kinda, windy as heck, but at least warm! Finally got the 655 back in one piece and resembling a saw. Took it back to the woods for a few "glamour shots" like some one said..LOL Had intended to actually try it out in some wood, but the recoil was giving me an argument, so will get that straitened up first. Did start very easily....very pleased with that...runs Great! I put it back together with a cylinder gasket. Was gasket-less before. I'm just old fashioned I guess.

I will need to find some Poulan Pro yellow paint and hit the new recoil housing with it, then add the decals also. The old recoil housing was worn and grooved pretty badly. I got lucky and found one to fit, just was still Pioneer colors.. Did a few odds & ends, gaskets, wiring, etc. Added the large dual dogs, K&N air filter, new PP bar 36". I'm pleased with it so far.

Gregg,

Very nice!

Gregg,

Oooohhhh myyyyyyy! Talk about eye candy, very nice Gregg!

Thanks for the positive comments fellas. I have wanted one of these saws for a long time. The original recoil would have still worked good. I just didn't like the looks of it. I put new rope and handle, swapped the other parts over, all seemed good till I got to the woods..:( I pulled it once and it would not recoil correctly. I got it to go back in just enough to give it another quick short pull, and she fired right off!! I was amazed. Oh...I added the full wrap handle also. Only saw I own that has one. Feel like a west coaster now! :D

Poulan655bp%20021_zpsbx78nooe.jpg

Poulan655bp%20022_zpsilcadmuk.jpg

Gregg,

Thanks for the positive comments fellas. I have wanted one of these saws for a long time. The original recoil would have still worked good. I just didn't like the looks of it. I put new rope and handle, swapped the other parts over, all seemed good till I got to the woods..:( I pulled it once and it would not recoil correctly. I got it to go back in just enough to give it another quick short pull, and she fired right off!! I was amazed. Oh...I added the full wrap handle also. Only saw I own that has one. Feel like a west coaster now! :D

Poulan655bp%20021_zpsbx78nooe.jpg

Poulan655bp%20022_zpsilcadmuk.jpg

Gregg,

Now you can come play over here Gregg since you have a full wrap saw. All my saws are full wrap, even the S25CVA!:ices_rofl:

Gregg,

Wow, that is a very good looking saw. Thanks for the pics.

Gregg,
Powder coat it yellow

T
33fde336c62b1f8eee28dac649b7723f.jpg
This is the oldest saw we got and my dad use to run it. Ran all day off of one gallon, of water.

Steve

Back in 1986, with the help of my dad, we took down about a 16" Hickory with one just like that, just for the heck(fun) of it. Ours would never go all day, I'm sure of it. Even with a gallon of water, we still required some beer afterwards. :eek: That was a feat never to be repeated again. My Poulan 3400 did a much better job. :D

Gregg,

I'm honestly not sure where to put this but it is 3 saws in 1.
Ope please welcome some pullchit the this forum it does run hasn't seen wood yet but it runs. 42cc of poulcrap. It's ugly but that is the point of this saw. It puts the show in freak. 20160220_200904.jpg 20160220_200818.jpg 20160220_200808.jpg

Back