Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dumpster 306A. Got the fuel gasket and ignition issues resolved. Now, naturally, another issue.
It starts on choke and runs couple seconds before dying. Won't run without choke. Starts back up fairly easily most every time.
I'm suspecting seals. Rebuilt carb, new lines, new filter, most of the corrosion in tank removed. Carb wasn't corroded except a little on the outside.
What says y'all?

If it runs on part choke basically means your cutting air to it right? Which would tell me it's not getting enough fuel to begin with. maybe gently lift the lever on the carb needle to let the metering diaphragm let more fuel in when it flutters? Maybe not just a thought Ive done it before in your circumstances.

I would think if it were crank seals it would want to race from the lean running , unless there so bad that it won't even make vacuum to pump fuel. That would be hard to imagine. But I guess possible.

Nice, I would love to come across one some day. After gettin my 71 going I think there pretty awesome series of saws. I've not seen Another one like mine all the ones I find are 71a not just 71

I see now that it is. I would like to get a longer bar for mine I know they're obsolete, but is there a bar pad close enough I can modify to fit and work. .404 pitch

Sad part is 8-10 years ago I was buying 5200's for 150-200 bucks in good shape. One of my 655BP's was only 175 and my straight gassed new 8500 with a oem new top end on it from a old poulan and pioneer dealer was only 350 bucks. My two PP 505's were 499 from Bailey's new. Then some guy started this damn poulan thread and prices are like these green saws are like GOLD lol.

Back when I joined AS in 2004, on eBay folks had a hard time selling the Craftsman Poulan saws.

That's certainly changed.

We only have a stihl dealer where I'm from its part of the CASE IH dealer I think there $ 75/hr. Can't work on a ms170 very long there

I don't know what the rate is around here. I have never asked and of the 500+ saws I have had I have always fixed myself if need be.

$80.00 an hour here at most service centers, what really gets me is some want a deposit before they will even work on folks equipment.

never heard of wantin a deposit here. at same time, see stuff getting left @ shops when the estimate and/or work's done. two I deal with [for parts only] are @ $80./hr. theyre not in the "used" business. ive got few projects from them.

Latest posts

Back