Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure how the tank would drain if the pickup line were severed. I could see the tank leaking a bit if the oil discharge line to the bar pad were broken or had slipped back into the tank. There should be a small 1/8" metal ferrule and a slotted compression nut in the bar pad to hold the discharge line.

If it is the pickup line, I would be keeping that spring and working it onto a new piece of 3/16" Tygon. It helps protect the line and keeps it from potentially kinking in the tank. FWIW here is a pic of one of mine I disassembled. Notice the original black line on the left. The spring had slipped down and the line kinked.

View attachment 580630

Interesting. I'm not sure how it emptied but I know it did. The high pressure line is intact as far as I can see. I'll keep the metal and try to put it on a new piece of line. The push rod was also out of the pump from what I found.

I saw lots of spurs, just really wanted a rim since its cheaper in the long run. I see a warehouse website has some, how legit do you think it is?

I cut with the 336 today for the first time. I had some recently cut live wood to try it out on. Noodled a lot and bucked some. I haven't done anything beyond flipping the diffuser and it really impressed me. Light weight, fast, quiet and very smooth.
It has an Oregon 33SL chain on it with the shark fins ground off. I think I could do better there. I would love to put one of the new Oregon SpeedCut bar and chains on it.

Wonder if the speedcut is husqvarna xcut repackaged for oregon. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/chain/husqvarna-x-cut/

I like the 20LPX on my 54cc with 16" for limbing and trim saw work.

Well the saw has a hole in the oil tank and the bottom looks to be corroded out. Jb weld is over the hole but its still leaking. Strong runner with good compression. Ideas?

tmp_16293-20170521_093513-1792134844.jpg

Thats why spray paint was invented. Let me know. I found a new recoil housing already. But havent bought it. I might just try to repair the hole. What caused it? White death?

White death?

Appears to be a severe case of it, too. Difficult to mitigate even by silica blasting, JB, and repainting. I'd call your case a lost cause.

And prolonged condensation inside a tank can cause just as much damage over time as external exposure to wet/damp conditions.

Torn down a bit. Its mostly contained to this side of the saw. Slightly on the other side but no real damage.

tmp_16293-20170521_163707-841991551.jpg

So do I slap it back together and try and get my money back? Or is it worth the 60 I paid?
If u can get your money back, I would try. I do have a red case. Dirty but seems in good shape. Bearings are good and it even has the oil pump. Yours for shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    833.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg