Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I
So basically the saw market is dead cause everything else is expensive.
I don't know about that? Or if anything is possibly affecting your sales. It's just a thought, if your saws sold for fair market value it could be alot of competition for people's wallets.

Rick, Just going to say it. Isnt dead IMO it's the prices ask sometimes. $675 for a 744 isnt going to happen IMHO unless someone is hard up to collect one. Just sorry to say.

I had one sold for half that same day I bought it. Shame it never showed up though. Ran and was untouched from what I saw.

Just got to price things right IMO. Why I have no issues selling stuff.

p744fsny.jpg

Anyone know what model this saw on the left is ?
Thanks
Ernie
Poulan Pro 395 with a chain brake. The PP395 has gray molded plastics instead of black and gray painted handles. Does it have an air filter in good usable condition? Those are now harder to find and becoming expensive. The PP4000 and PP395 are 65cc saws with their air filtration and muffler systems. The PP375 I believe is a 3700/3800 saw with the same features in black but with reduced cc's. These are some of my favorite saws. Nice find, good luck and enjoy. Max.

I would guess PP395 too or PP385 or PP375. But like above said with chain brake on 395 or added to a 385 375.
So grey was only on the PP395 not on 385 or 375 at anytime?
Not real good with these ones and just did a thread with pics trying to learn more on them http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-385-395/

Poulan Pro 395 with a chain brake. The PP395 has gray molded plastics instead of black and gray painted handles. Does it have an air filter in good usable condition? Those are now harder to find and becoming expensive. The PP4000 and PP395 are 65cc saws with their air filtration and muffler systems. The PP375 I believe is a 3700/3800 saw with the same features in black but with reduced cc's. These are some of my favorite saws. Nice find, good luck and enjoy. Max.
I appreciate the help !
I'm actually selling both of the saws pictured in the classifieds now if anyone is interested.
Yes the air filter is in good condition
Thanks
Ernie

Rick, Just going to say it. Isnt dead IMO it's the prices ask sometimes. $675 for a 744 isnt going to happen IMHO unless someone is hard up to collect one. Just sorry to say.

I had one sold for half that same day I bought it. Shame it never showed up though. Ran and was untouched from what I saw.

Just got to price things right IMO. Why I have no issues selling stuff.

View attachment 1103652
I understand and agree. I just honestly thought the rarity of these, they were going to be worth more.

Can you say smoker wood.
Been told apple a favorite by local seller of wood I know. He claims some only want apple.
Never tried apple so will find out.

So impressed that saws would set and idle long as I wanted and if did shut off 1 pull warm starts most times.

Take care of your saws they will take care of you when needed then. :cheers:

apsmm.jpgapsmmm.jpgapbgg.jpgappbg.jpg

Can you say smoker wood.
Been told apple a favorite by local seller of wood I know. He claims some only want apple.
Never tried apple so will find out.

So impressed that saws would set and idle long as I wanted and if did shut off 1 pull warm starts most times.

Take care of your saws they will take care of you when needed then. :cheers:

View attachment 1104150View attachment 1104151View attachment 1104152View attachment 1104153
I'd fight a griz bare handed for apple smoked pork.

Yesterday in the basement for this one but was on ground before us a ways but coming. Wind from it still got us though.

No apple trees hurt this time. Just tops out of the big 6 maples busted out and bringing some of the limbs the tree company was going to go up to get for me. Some facia from house gone.

Least 2 is bring some 1 down with it now. the one brown was from first one and way up at top wedged in.

So time to pull out some maple now

2 in a couple weeks now.

tor2.jpgmap22222.jpgmapx.jpgmapxx.jpg

I got the Poulan 3400 that I put new rings in running yesterday! It seems that either Poulan used 2 different screw sizes,or someone changed the original screws that hold the ignition coil in place.I pulled the ignition module off my original 3400 & was going to try the coil from the other 3400 that I got a couple of weeks ago.Easier said than done.Apparently Poulan used different size spades on their coils cuz when I tried hooking one coil onto another saw it wouldn't fit.I ended up putting the mounting screws from the original 3400 onto the aftermarket coil,put it back together & put a shot of fuel in the cylinder & a couple of pulls later the saw was running.I was able to put the mounting screws into the original 3400 & it worked fine on that coil.I've got 2 running 3400s.
Of course it didn't end there.I didn't test the oiler on the newer 3400,so I filled it with oil & checked the manual oiler & all seemed to be working.I was getting the clutch ready to put on & noticed a huge puddle of oil on my workbench.I had to drain the oil out & try to determine where it was leaking from.I knew the oil cap was on tight & it had an O ring.I pulled the inspection plate off & pulled the pump apart.It was a little dirty,but nothing I could see to cause it to leak.I put the pump back together,but noticed the T nut on the discharge port was just a tad bit loose.I tightened that & put oil back in & now have no leaks.I may need a new diaphragm in the oil pump,but that's the least of my concerns.I quit at 5:45 yesterday & decided the clutch can wait till later..

Latest posts

Back