Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob as soon as you said blue but not a mag case I figured it was that 2.8 plastic poulan in your pic. 46cc like 295 2750 2900 etc.

Not 2800 2700 as that one was mag cased.

View attachment 1114550
Seems like it will be decent. Have only done an initial fire up so far. I'm out of bar oil so I can't cut with it yet.

Want to thank you all on this thread. I've never gave poulans much thought til a few years ago. I'd had mine hands on a few of the clunker versions and decided to steer clear of the brand. I'm glad some folks encouraged me to give some other models a try as I have found a few I really enjoy.
Great group of guys, great thread. !!

What's a running 306a going for. Have a guy wanting one. Not looking to give a beating but don't want to take one either.
Hi Bob,
In this economy I’d say 150- friend price, 200 eBay. Plus shipping. I like the 306, it’s a solid saw. Check eBay, maybe there is something that hasn’t been used as a boat mooring. I scored one off eBay this summer for 110- after pm negotiations with the seller. It was a damn nice saw, but I tore it apart for a 245 build.
I used to see em for 100 ish many moons ago.

Hi Bob,
In this economy I’d say 150- friend price, 200 eBay. Plus shipping. I like the 306, it’s a solid saw. Check eBay, maybe there is something that hasn’t been used as a boat mooring. I scored one off eBay this summer for 110- after pm negotiations with the seller. It was a damn nice saw, but I tore it apart for a 245 build.
I used to see em for 100 ish many moons ago.
Thanks for the input. I had no idea where to start.

So I’ve been running a 24” bar on my BadBoy because that’s all I had. It handles that no problem but I just took this 20” bar off another saw & put it on with an 8 tooth sprocket. Flat out rips! This was one of Kensie’s first attempts at porting & he nailed it. Anyone hear from him?
IMG_0197.jpeg

So I’ve been running a 24” bar on my BadBoy because that’s all I had. It handles that no problem but I just took this 20” bar off another saw & put it on with an 8 tooth sprocket. Flat out rips! This was one of Kensie’s first attempts at porting & he nailed it. Anyone hear from him?
View attachment 1116011
Very cool piece. I want one !

Latest posts

Back