Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut a whole 10" hickory up with the blue label craftoulan I went through a couple weeks ago. I really like the saw. Horrible video I know, but was the best I could do one handed.
View attachment 1119313
First, carve yourself a phone stand for video!
Nice job on bringing that saw back to life.

what 85cc ya lookin for?
might have one here
Hey Pete.

5200 et al. Saw that Craftsman 5.2 years ago that passed through and that other one from K-town awhile back with the roached slug. The odd one out of the Spokane area on CL. Recall seeing a couple at Son Ranch in G. Forks years ago but didn’t ask. Must have been a tough market out here with the big timber fallers/dealers in the 70’s. IIRC Ferguson in Kamloops never even sold Poulan. Dad ended up buying the 1001 from them in ‘76 as it was the only big muscle alternative that wasn’t popular at the time. Milled a ton for the house then and still pulls like a tank today.

Only have the 4400 from the Island you took a ride for. Probably the strongest vintage <70cc I’ve run. I’ve gather a healthy 5200 is something else indeed.

The money my new tree guy has in that lift :oops: . 69' straight up or 39' across. No more hangers left and my power line lane cleared.

Just had him drop everything. He used a stihl 201T and a husky 525 polesaw.

Me and wife did the clean up.
Using the 50cc and 35cc tophandle and her just using the battery pruner sawzall again.

He loved that idea and told me I saved around 4 hrs of labor cost.

Got some good saw and chain test wood saved from the busted up leaders.

That jail brake he used he said he went to over the portawrap. It is so smooth for one guy using lowering heavy limbs etc down.

treex.jpgtreexxx.jpgtreexxxx.jpgtreexx.jpgtree2333333.jpgtree23333333.jpgtree233333333.jpgtreelogs.jpg

Pressure and vac test failed at seals? I find most times they are leaking at the cylinder/case in this series and/or the handle/case/reed gasket. Two bolts on the cylinder doesn’t help the matter. Motoseal FTW.

I just did a low hours one a month ago and could literally see the connecting rod through the loose cylinder base gasket space.

I need some advice and help. If you port a engine and you have the skirt of the piston short enough that it opens the cylinder, exhaust port ,when it is all the way to the top, TDC by about 25 thousands will it still run. 5200 reed valve.

Latest posts

Back