Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn’t bring myself to put the new carb kit in the 46cc root cutter.

Just feel like it is a waste of money with a saw with cracked crankcase already.

So going to part out this chrome bore 46cc that is same as earlier 295 with 2 piece mufflers.

P+C and crank already SOLD

p27500.jpgp27500000.jpgp2750000.jpgp275000.jpgp275000000.jpgp2750000000.jpg

Anyone know what the crankcase is made from on the 2000 series saws and if bar oil gunk will eat away at it. I was cleaning up a new to me saw and the clutch side was packed and the paint was bubbling. Once I started to clean I got a top of black gunk. I couldn't tell if I was cleaning or scraping away case material

Attachments

• 20231120_192104.jpg
    20231120_192104.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231120_190548.jpg
    20231120_190548.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231120_190102.jpg
    20231120_190102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Anyone know what the crankcase is made from on the 2000 series saws and if bar oil gunk will eat away at it. I was cleaning up a new to me saw and the clutch side was packed and the paint was bubbling. Once I started to clean I got a top of black gunk. I couldn't tell if I was cleaning or scraping away case material

Poulan 2000 crankcase is made of magnesium .

There is something up there in MI folks cut that does cause mag rot under the clutch covers on the side of the mag cases. Friend told me about it once I started getting saws from there in MI with mag rot and wondered why.

ADDED from thread on this by friend. =
all those saws I showed you were covered in pine sap/sawdust. Under the right environment high humidity pine is acidic.
Farmer measured the amount of free acid produced by various woods under controlled conditions at intervals up to two years. For all timbers examined, including oak, Douglas fir, Sitka spruce, beech, birch, obeche and Parana pine, there was a progressive increase in free acid. More than 90% of the acid was volatile and was identified chemically and chromatographically as acetic acid.

I had thought it was only a south thing from cutting palms etc. But isnt. MI has something they cut up there that does it too.

So now check under covers on any MI saws going to buy.

c33corr.jpgc33cor.jpg

ADDED above - from thread on this by friend. Folks in MI and ME seeing it. =
all those saws I showed you were covered in pine sap/sawdust. Under the right environment high humidity pine is acidic.
Farmer measured the amount of free acid produced by various woods under controlled conditions at intervals up to two years. For all timbers examined, including oak, Douglas fir, Sitka spruce, beech, birch, obeche and Parana pine, there was a progressive increase in free acid. More than 90% of the acid was volatile and was identified chemically and chromatographically as acetic acid.

Would be interested in some parts. Especially choke, clutch & sprocket.
Choke gone already. Clutch still here. This one was 3/8LP spur drum. I may have 325 spur drums from others left.

Only thing I am done shipping for this year as of today. I wont be shipping any parts till after 2024 Jan now.

Choke gone already. Clutch still here. This one was 3/8LP spur drum. I may have 325 spur drums from others left.

Only think I am done shipping for this year as of today. I wont be shipping any parts till after 2024 Jan now.
Well there is no rush on my part. Don't recall what is on it so I will have to give a peak next time I'm in the saw shed.- Thanks

3.3 type 2 tank. Pulled and stripped bare.

This is the later type 2 ones with tank vent on side and only 1 line for fuel out top. 1997.

This one also excepts the big intakes like used on 330 380 3750 3450 without modifications to tank hole.

Setting with mix testing.

ptank22.jpgptank222.jpgptank2222.jpg

Ok I got a bunch poulans that have strato carb that bog out the instant u trip the extra air butterfly. Tried jet adjustments to no change. Since it's so common and issue is their a common fix?

Latest posts

Back