• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

No longer available

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, its always been this way here, at least as long as I have been here. Though from your avatar you have been here even longer than I have, back in the day we used to get into brawls daily and get banned almost as often. I recall one guy taking a lot of heat for listing a new 361 here for a high price. He left it listed and sold it, despite all the flames and flap about it.

As for the saw, and my "uneducated (or otherwise) observations," many of the variations I was talking about came on 026 saws from the factory, and were not necessarily swapped or Frankensteined ones, though they are out there. I have owned a lot of 026/260 saws and I have rebuilt and ported and Frankied many of them. There were a lot of factory variations. As your saw does not have the PRO sticker and it is missing the bottom oil adjusting notch, my edujamacated observation is that it is a non-PRO 026 with an added decomp button, which is a nice upgrade. If you want to verify if it has the adjustable oiler, just pull the bar and clutch drum and see if it has a notch and the oil pump is driven from the drum. If there is a clutch notch driven oil pump, its the PRO model oiler and a true PRO model (though a Friday special missing the PRO chassis). If not, its the non-pro model oiler. Simple. As for the adjustable carb, there are many EPA 026 saws that have the fixed H jet carb. Which is why I asked. The better 026 tunable carbs alone are going for $100 on Ebay now that Walbro discontinued them.

Eh, its always been this way here, at least as long as I have been here. Though from your avatar you have been here even longer than I have, back in the day we used to get into brawls daily and get banned almost as often. I recall one guy taking a lot of heat for listing a new 361 here for a high price. He left it listed and sold it, despite all the flames and flap about it.

As for the saw, and my "uneducated (or otherwise) observations," many of the variations I was talking about came on 026 saws from the factory, and were not necessarily swapped or Frankensteined ones, though they are out there. I have owned a lot of 026/260 saws and I have rebuilt and ported and Frankied many of them. There were a lot of factory variations. As your saw does not have the PRO sticker and it is missing the bottom oil adjusting notch, my edujamacated observation is that it is a non-PRO 026 with an added decomp button, which is a nice upgrade. If you want to verify if it has the adjustable oiler, just pull the bar and clutch drum and see if it has a notch and the oil pump is driven from the drum. If there is a clutch notch driven oil pump, its the PRO model oiler and a true PRO model (though a Friday special missing the PRO chassis). If not, its the non-pro model oiler. Simple. As for the adjustable carb, there are many EPA 026 saws that have the fixed H jet carb. Which is why I asked. The better 026 tunable carbs alone are going for $100 on Ebay now that Walbro discontinued them.

I have no beef with you, and I never have. It was a couple of jackasses that raised my ire.

Thanks for your input.

My reply, was based on a saw I built (Franken'saw). I was just trying to imply that "I" have built a saw that looked like a PRO. But in fact wasnt. ..

Didn't want you to end your classified ad.

Really hope that you sold this saw, for what you wanted.

But if I offended you? Then I apologize. Not my intention.

My reply, was based on a saw I built (Franken'saw). I was just trying to imply that "I" have built a saw that looked like a PRO. But in fact wasnt. ..

Didn't want you to end your classified ad.

Really hope that you sold this saw, for what you wanted.

But if I offended you? Then I apologize. Not my intention.

No offense taken. Thanks.

I have no beef with you, and I never have. It was a couple of jackasses that raised my ire.

Thanks for your input.

A couple of the people who posted things you didn't agree with are esteemed members and to make such a value judgment is in a word, rash.

I was once told, "Don't let your steamship mouth over run your rowboat a$$"

I hope anyone contemplating buying the saw in question reads the seller's comments in this thread. Certainly not the way I would try to instill confidence in a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone with no keyboard to hide behind.

Back