No longer parts chasing, now a mission from God.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigblue250

Reaction score
Ok here is my little dilema, my Grandfather gave me his old bought it new and never used it Pioneer P28 saw. It had been sitting for 15 years and naturally the points needed to be cleaned up. Well I take the flywheel off(not kinowing the nut had left handed threads). To make a long story short all I need is a left handed metric jam nut(right next to the buckets of steam and blinker fluid under the muffler bearings) but this part is REAL I have it in my pocket. I have tried just about every supply house, machine shop, and auto parts store in the past 4 days. If any one has, or knows where to find a left handed metric nut that holds the flywheel on a Pioneer P28 chainsaw made in 1980 please please PM me. Thanks, John.

e-bay parts saws could be your only salvation.
I have a p20 I bought about 3 months ago and there it sits. I was overcome by the Homelite antique fever we read about. Forgot about it.

Between that and self diagnosed ADD... What are you looking for again?

OK, I'm back. Well, it appears to be about the same saw.
I'll set aside some time and .... see if it's reverse threaded. If so, I'll bring it to my neck of the woods and see if I can find you a replacement.

I don't know if he still posts here or not, but I would try to get ahold of Tree Monkey (Scott Kunz, Kunz Woodworking) in Augusta, WI 715-286-2741.

Scott had all kinds of old parts for Pioneers and other saws last time I was over there.

Tom

The nut you're looking for is 3/8 24 LH. It can be accessed through a Poulan Dealer. The part number is 507431659 and the list price is $0.66 each. If you can't locate it anywhere I can access it for you but, it'll cost you $6.00 to ship it to you.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
Back