No more excuses

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik B

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Today was my last day of work.:givebeer: I am now retired and will have time to work on getting a bunch of dead elms cut up to fill up my near empty wood shed. Wind last summer put a lot of them on the ground so it should be easy cutting. I will also have more time to spend on AS to keep learning from those of you who have a lot more experience than I.

the day you retire is not your last day of work, just the last day of work you get paid for. That said, at least now you are going to be your own boss ( unless your married ).
safe cutting and happy retirement!

That is a very good feeling, I retired after 30 years with United States Gypsum company and now have started a tree trimming business. Working 10 times harder than I was working but enjoying it very much. It is nice place to be with the 401 K taken care of and being able to call your own shots.

Congratulations Erik!!! Well done!!! Now you can exhale.

Now, having gave the proverbial slap on the back I've got a question...how's that 25 ton speeco working out for you, I'm thinking about one of'em.

Best wishes,
Ed

Congratulations Erik!!! Well done!!! Now you can exhale.

Now, having gave the proverbial slap on the back I've got a question...how's that 25 ton speeco working out for you, I'm thinking about one of'em.

Best wishes,
Ed
It was nice having time to read the paper and enjoy another cup of coffee this morning. As far as my Speeco goes, I love it. I have had it for over 10 years, can't remember exactly when I got it, and it will split anything I throw at it. It is a great machine. I got it when my boys went off to college and I was stuck doing all the splitting:msp_sad: As others have said on this board, you won't go wrong getting a speeco

the day you retire is not your last day of work, just the last day of work you get paid for. That said, at least now you are going to be your own boss ( unless your married ).
safe cutting and happy retirement!

I do have a wife, been married for over 42 years and I do have a 'honeydo' list. At this point, it is all good:msp_smile:

It was nice having time to read the paper and enjoy another cup of coffee this morning. As far as my Speeco goes, I love it. I have had it for over 10 years, can't remember exactly when I got it, and it will split anything I throw at it. It is a great machine. I got it when my boys went off to college and I was stuck doing all the splitting:msp_sad: As others have said on this board, you won't go wrong getting a speeco
<sigh> Well, I've been waiting on the TSC managers to see whether they'd give me a cut on the 22-ton Huskee or not before I made my decision. I checked this morning and it looks like Speeco had a hefty price increase in the last couple of days...10%+ !!!! Ah well, it was touch'n go with the Speeco...looks like the MTD 27ton or the Huskee 22ton have moved back to center-stage. Thanks for the feedback, though.

Enjoy your time...paper, coffee, simple things. :)

Ed

Latest posts

Back