No More Fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHMike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am very quickly running out of wood to split. I have split over 9 cord for myself at home, and another 3 cord for my neighbor. This past weekend was spent gathering and splitting firewood for Camp. I brought my Super Split up with me to show my camp partner how it worked as he had never seen or heard of it.
We spent about an hour to 1 1/2 hours cutting and loading these 2 trailers of butt ends from a log landing
First Load.jpg

There are some really big pieces of maple, beech, white & yellow birch and cherry
Trailer Load #1.jpg

My buddy ran the saw, and I did the grunt work of loading the trailers. Since he is in his 70's, I figured I'd give him a break.

Trailer Load #2.jpg

Originally, I had some questions on whether the SuperSplit could handle the big rounds, but last week I had split some elm for my MIL. Most of the rounds were 18" - 24" but it split every one of them without any problems. I knew at that point I wasn't going to have any issues with anything I found at camp.
Trailer 2 Closeup.jpg

All gased up and ready to split away. We split the first trailer load in the rain and quit as the skies opened up on us.
Getting Started.jpg

On Sunday we decided to get "smarter" and built a ramp so we could roll the big ends to the splitter.
1 Empty Trailer.jpg

I was too busy splitting or rolling ends to get any action shots. We got a third trailer load and called it a day. We figure there is just about 3 cord give or take. That should last us 2-3 years in camp. A lot of this will be used in the outdoor fire. The "good stuff in the shed is used in the woodstove as it has been drying for 2 years.

My buddy was amazed at how fast and powerful the splitter was. Now I am depressed as I have no more wood to split. I just found 2 dead trees by the house last night that I will split up, but then it is time to put it away:(

All Split.jpg

Latest posts

Back