No reverse gear on Chinese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to see a $38 68cc Amazon chainsaw. It could be fun for.......................2 minutes

I cant imagine how it could even be fun they are such junk!
Go to a GTG and take bets on how long it will run on straight gas. I have seen it. It is surprising how long a little Homelite will run on straight gas. I was planning on doing it one year with pure Kentucky home brew but the cost of the "fuel" was a bit too high.

Go to a GTG and take bets on how long it will run on straight gas. I have seen it. It is surprising how long a little Homelite will run on straight gas. I was planning on doing it one year with pure Kentucky home brew but the cost of the "fuel" was a bit too high.
If you richer them up enough, they should run a good while.

What saw was it?
I did not actually buy one, but a friend of mine bought the Coocheer 62 cc saw for like $129.Look at them on Amazon sometime and see the chains are always backwards.But on a positive note it does cut pretty well. Not a 362 by any means and built cheap as crap,but for a homeowner type saw you could buy 3 of them and have a new back-up for at least a year.

I must say I am quite disenchanted. After looking at many China saws on Amazon, I chose one of the many that had the chain on backwards. Hoping for a saw with a reverse gear, I spent that $39 for a 68cc saw . No reverse gear. I was thinking a backwards chain and a reverse gear would improve traction.
Not sure I need a reverse gear, but I could do with an overdrive sometimes!

Latest posts

Back