No revs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russellrewis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 30 cc Homelite engine. The problem is that it doesn't seem to rev as high as it should and at full throttle is sounds labored. I do not have a tach so I can't say what the rpm actually is but I have 4 other small two stroke engines (chainsaw, string trimmer, edger, etc.) so I am familiar to what one should sound like. The labored sound is what is curious. I haven't a compression gauge but it is comparable to my other engines. It starts up good and idles very smoothly. It takes quick acceleration good and the carb high and low speed screws have the required affect on the engine when adjusting. Currently I am running a 50:1 ratio fuel mix. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Russell

Post the model and ut number so we know what you have.
Have you taken off the muffler and checked it for obstructions and looked at the piston as well yet?

This engine is not being used on a chainsaw, but rather a string trimmer (I hope you don't mind me using the chainsaw section for this). The number is UT-20631 (Z625 CDV). I don't know it's age but appears to not have been used a great deal.
Yes, I have removed the screen in the muffler and also blew through the muffler (not compressed air, but by mouth) and it has little noticeable back pressure.

Russell

perhaps theres too much string at the end, I've done that on many a trimmer before. letting out too much trimmer line will cause them to lug a bit at full throttle.

will not rev high

Thanks for all the suggestions. With them I am going to dig into this a little deeper and hopefully come across a few more clues to it's problem. If you don't mind, I may be back with more questions.

Thanks,
Russell

Sorry, JOED1694. I appologize if I my posts are not of interest to you. I'll try to do better in the furture.

Thanks,
Russell :cry:

Latest posts

Back