Noodling 'uglies'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been fun running the new Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter. It hasn't refused yet but has scared me with the grunting and groaning wondering what would break. Nothing has and it hasn't bent the toe plate so...

Then, as I was putting some more badly misshapen split chunks on my 'ugly' pile it struck me that I would be burning nothing but them for two months at the rate I was going. Decided that it would be far better to 'noodle' the knots/crotches into nice blocky, stackable pieces instead.

Set up on the end of my rick of rounds (holds up my split ricks). Puts the chunks up at waist level and makes for easy 'noodling'

004-3.jpg

Rather listen to the saw running anytime vice the splitter and it was a very nice spring day. Temps almost 80, no breeze.

Harry K

My ugly pile gets pretty big too, w/ the junk I have to split. I'm doing the same thing w/ a big crotchy pecan I have, and using the little blocks to cook with. Gives me something to do when I don't have nice rounds to buck up into firewood.

Latest posts

Back