'nother new guy...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Dave and I have what some might consider a chainsaw problem. I only have 4, (and two of those don't even run so they don't count, right?) but I'm always looking! I've been reading here for a year or so and finally decided I should join to get help with my issue... wait a minute, I didn't have the problem when I started hanging out here! Kinda like going to the bar to discuss how it is that so much of my money gets spent on adult beverages I guess :laugh:

Anywho, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the great info I've already gotten here, not to mention the entertainment!

Cheers,
Dave

Welcome Dave. We don't usually let people in who only have 4 chainsaws but you sound like an exceptional kind of guy!

:laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

Welcome Dave!

Btw, I have been here for two years (+ more than a year of lurking), and I still have only four working saws.

Lakeside,
I guess I may as well go all the way now. What happens on AS, stays on AS, right?

I've got a MS 260 non-pro (wah) because they didn't have a pro in stock when I needed it. I've had that for about 2 years and I like it a lot. And a 372 xp that I got in September and have have not had much chance to run it, but I love it.

My old 'collector' is a Homelite 500 that was my Dad's saw and the first saw I ever ran. What a tank.

Now for the hard part, I have Mac Eager Beaver. There, I said it and I feel better. For the $15 I paid for it, it's not that bad. It is a handy size for the very few times I need a top-handle, perfect for those one handed "don't ever do this" demonstrations! But now it only runs for 2-3 seconds then dies, carb rebuild time? And I lost the fuel cap for it.

And, totally attributable to the time I've spent here, I'm thinking of getting the 260 modded a bit and would like to hear any thoughts or suggestions on that.

Well I guess since two of your saws are a MS260 and a 372XP we can let you slide for a while but be asured that you will be watched. You need to get those numbers up by at least four 60CC and minus saws or two 80CC saws. If you are strapped for cash one MS660 will due for now.

Oh ya, Welcome.

Nope, the wife has no clue about AS. And I have a standing order with the UPS guy, her packages get dropped on the porch, mine inside the garage door.(shh.... she's afraid to look out there, I think)

Welcome to the addiction Dave.

SuperDave
Hi all,

My name is Dave and I have what some might consider a chainsaw problem. I only have 4, (and two of those don't even run so they don't count, right?)

Only 2 saws that don't run? Go out and buy some more! When you are up to 6 - 7 saw that are junk (excuse me, Project saws) you will be the ideal member. Then you can go online and chew the fat (excuse me, consult with experts, and the valued opinions of veteran sawers). You will then find that further research (more fat chewing, posting, reposting, laughing your butt off at others, at yourself, at morons using saws incorrectly and the world in general) is not only necessary, but you will religiously check back for "further developments" of your quest.

"it's not a pile of junk, it is a piece of equipment that should you find it, may need to test your skills to make a functional saw, despite the odds."

good luck

Hey Lakeside. That "googling your butt" thing was for real. I guess the best thing is to make sure your significant other does not get your screen name!!:buttkick:

And: Welcome SuperDave!

Last edited:
Hi all,

My name is Dave and I have what some might consider a chainsaw problem. I only have 4, (and two of those don't even run so they don't count, right?) but I'm always looking! I've been reading here for a year or so and finally decided I should join to get help with my issue... wait a minute, I didn't have the problem when I started hanging out here! Kinda like going to the bar to discuss how it is that so much of my money gets spent on adult beverages I guess :laugh:

Anywho, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the great info I've already gotten here, not to mention the entertainment!

Cheers,
Dave

Welcome Dave. I've been here since November, and I like it very much!

:) :clap: :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Thanks!

Thanks everybody for all the welcomes! You make a new guy feel real . . . uh, welcome here!

I'm all ears for advice on how to boost up my saw collection. No wife at the moment, just a very understanding girlfriend who tries not to complain about my hobbies until they get way out of hand. You guys willing to pass along those amazing cheap deals you find? HA-ha, didn't think so!

Butch(OH) I don't know how to make "strapped for cash" and "MS 660" ever fit together? I'm afraid the only 660 I could buy would be one of those doorstop models off ebay. That probably would rile up the little woman if I start decorating the interior with them and she were to run into a saw carcass in the dark. :laugh:

I might be up for a project one of these days but I worry about spending too much for something that needs more than I think it does to make it work. I guess I'll have to study more to get an idea what repairs cost. More AS time must be spent!

"Until the wife googles your butt" I swear, Google can find ANY thing!

Latest posts

Back