November 1st, 1-year anniversary

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't that be great... I mean, having weekends for fun.

I work a job all week; a job that often puts me on the road away from home for the week. If I am home at night during the week I try to spend some time with the kids, and the wife, and eat, and help with homework, and maybe even get a chore or two done... before bed. The weekend is when I get all the other things done, and try to squeeze in a few hours for working the firewood, and fix broken bicycles, and broken cars, and broken whatever, and mow the yard, and put the storm windows on, and maintain the power equipment, and fix the roof, and unplug the drains, and... and... and... and... and... and if I'm lucky, I may even get to start the fire pit at the end of the day, have a couple beers and cook a steak... before bed.

Now, I ain't complaining, it's the way I choose to live. I do everything my self... I don't call the plumber, the electrician, the auto repair guy, the glass repair man, the appliance repair guy, or any other guy... 'cause I am "the guy". I have a family to look after, I flat ain't got any time for "fun"...

I could have written that myself. It is nice to see how many folks think the same way that I do :)

+1 for personal responsibility and wise use of your resources.

Starting my 4th yr. with the OWB, and the 4th year I have not bought fuel oil.With the prices being as they are, the OWB install cost will pay for itself at the end of this winter..The saw collection is another story!

Latest posts

Back