NW Montana GTG & Charity Cut -- June 1, 2, 3 -- 2012!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Montana, so we all live "near" Helena. :laugh:

For point of reference, you would have to drive about 2 hours (possibly less) from Helena to get to the camp site.

Edit: Google Maps says 3 hours 19 minutes, 184 miles.

Wish I could be there for the charity cut!!

• Brian and Janimay -- Slabs of meat and a huge turkey breast along with the cowboy beans and a raspberry pie or two.

• Jake -- A good sized jag of rabbit, costco sized chips, and some flats of pop, also I can't promise but I hope I can bring out some good sized rounds for cuttin.

•SlowP -- Two Huckleberry Pies and Assorted Not Quite Good For You Cookies. Neither will be poisoned so no taste testing will be necessary.

•(tentative) Bob & Mrs -- Paper plates, paper towels, disposable utensils, garbage bags, and Bailey's first Aid kit.

•(also tentative) 7oaks and Ms Ginger - We'll figure out something to bring if we can make it to Whitefish on time.

The last few days have been pretty warm with a strong wind out at our place, uncovering a shocking amount of dog turds and a lawn (bought it in winter with a foot of snow on it) that looks like a miniature map of Vietnam (green with tons of hills and valleys)

So, were exactily is Grizzily base camp?? I have studied many maps but cannot find it. Can you mention a ridge, creek, mtn or peak nearby so I can figure out were its at LOL

echo lake is pretty close,

Also spelling it Grizzly might help :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

After the snow dripped off the shop roof, I attached The Wing to The Tomato and took it for a test drive.
The hitch is higher on the Tomato, but I noticed no difference on the highway or anywhere else. The heater made a quick pass through whilst I was taking the photo. I apologize for the lighting.
227618d1331081695-test-drive0001-jpg

View attachment 227618

After the snow dripped off the shop roof, I attached The Wing to The Tomato and took it for a test drive.
The hitch is higher on the Tomato, but I noticed no difference on the highway or anywhere else. The heater made a quick pass through whilst I was taking the photo. I apologize for the lighting.
227618d1331081695-test-drive0001-jpg

View attachment 227618

How did you get the photo manager to work Ive been gettin a blnk window for the past few days. I like the tomato

Being such a computer geek (not) I moved it right from my personal computer files. The "Manage Attachments" must have changed managers. It does not work. So, I clicked on the little photo icon right up there next to the movie film icon. It brings up the question. Then you do a browse (I think) and then choose your picture off you computer files.

The next part is the old edit method. Since the photo doesn't show, I opened it after posting, did a copy of the URL? and then hit edit, clicked on the same icon but then switched to the other one and pasted in the address, then OK.

Confused? I sure am.

227652d1331093041-time-year0001_1-jpg

View attachment 227652

Do we have a definite date set?

Still waiting to hear back on the later dates Bob. . . Hoping to hear back soon.

Been a devilishly busy week for me -- built DNRC Type 6 stuff all week, then I have a truss set Saturday. . . Haven't had too much time to be on here.

Wicked nice today. 60 degrees, sunny. Busted the bike out this evening for a quick rip around the hood. Not to shabby for March 9!

#### Yeah, today was tits, sunny as hell, got off work at noon, and one of my rabbits had a litter of kits and they all survived, also I'm kindof lit, it's Uncle Jake Bachelor Weekend, momma's away at a Scrapbooking deal

I haven't been on here much, just enough time to like a few posts. Spent all last week building DNRC stuff for wildland engines -- and spent 10 hours yesterday setting trusses on a 40' X 50' pole building.

Headed out now to go work on it some more. Old uncle Nate ain't used to carpentry, I'm super sore today! :msp_thumbdn:

No word on the later dates -- we still have plenty of time yet, and I hate to bug them about it.

Also, have some updates on the Court family, I will post that tonight when I get home.

Hope everyone is having a good "spring forward" today, it's kicking my butt. :laugh:

Back