NW Montana GTG & Charity Cut -- June 1, 2, 3 -- 2012!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the lappy set back on my desk. . . Got to bed about 1am this morning, and slept in! LOL

Lots of videos and pics to come.

I have to say, what a great bunch of folks! I wanted it to be 5 days long fer sure. . . Seems like it ended too soon.

Jani and Brian made the most epic turkey!! It was gone in a flash! LOL

To everyone that made it, I appreciate your attendance and I sure hope you had a good time! I haven't ever hosted a GTG before, nor hosted so many folks -- I was a bit nervous about it, but it went very well.

Everyone threw in to help, there was never a cross word.

The whole experience was EPIC! :rock:

BTW y'all -- I talked to Jim about the next GTG, and he started pointing at even more trees to take out! Hahaha

Like we got to all the ones marked this time. :laugh:

That's why you didn't answer the telly this morning. You were a good bullbuck pard...thanks for puttin that thing together :)

wonderful weekend!

props to the gals and guys that worked hard to saw these logs and buck em up!
had a lot of fun over the weekend! coming back next year!:rock:

I figure all the Washingtonians must be close to being back home, it's been sunny all day :laugh:
Good folks!

:hmm3grin2orange:

No kidding! It sure seemed like they drug their weather with'em! I actually didn't mind it, at least a guy could work hard and not overheat.

The wife and I were joking with Brain and Jani before they lit out'a there, that we had 85° Warshington weather while they were here. :laugh:

BTW, PM me yer phone # again John, I thought I had programmed it in mah phone -- but I can't find it??

You need to run down to the house here, and grab the prizes you won! Or I can run them up to yer place, and thank yer wife fer the awesome muffins! :msp_thumbup:

I'm home. Funny, the rain started around Ritzville, fog and rain in the desert between Eburg and Yakima. Then the rain stopped just 10 miles down the WET side of White Pass. No rain here, but clouds and I think I should either turn on the heat or start a fire.

The Used Dog and I stayed at Farragut State Park. It was cheaper, but not as nice as Logan State Park in Montanny. We rolled in just before the office closed. It sprinkled a tiny bit there--enough for non Western Warshingtonians to put on rain coats, but we moss people and dog, wore our summery outfits of fleece jacket and shorts, and fur on the Used Dog.

We stopped along the way to purchase a big wrench. The trailer ball nut was loose and needle nose pliars don't quite do the job.

The Grapple Cat did not consume his imported fuel. He seems to have done subsistance hunting. He had enough fuel left for another 4 days, and was not any thinner.

Load one is almost done in the washing machine.

Thanks Montanny Nate for hosting the shindig. I will try to make the next one if you'll have us.

The Used Dog is on his bed, sans collar, and snoring away. I'll You Tube download later on. I've still got the traveling buzzz going on. 560 miles total.

This pair of Washintonions made it home. We left a wake of sunshine at the Idaho boarder and fallowed the rain like a homing beacon. We had a great time and thank you again Nate and Alicia for the great time. Met a bunch of great people and even did a little sawing. Tarzan had a birthday wich made for a good time.

Used screen names in case anybodys worried about their name being used just to be safe

240539d1338855943-100_6113-jpg

Tarzan droppin a tree

240540d1338855979-100_6077-jpg

Left to right Slowp, Mntngal, Mad Hatte, Big sky jake hidden with orange hat, Tarzans trees,Forgive me I cant remeber but his name,metals 406 and Funkyssaw man with saw on his shoulder.

240541d1338856016-100_6086-jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Nate and Alecia!

Well we made it home and had to turn up the heat in the house. We had a great time, made some new friends, and are ready to go to the next one.
We had some real good laughs and learned a few things too.
Thanks to Nate and his wife for getting to have it at the boyscout camp. That place is beautiful.
The kids even caught some real nice trout.

Just rolled in a bit ago. Geeze, what a great time. Thanks to Nate and family for tons of great prep work and super-hostery, thanks to all you Montuckistanians for being generally awesome, thanks to Cody for great instruction and an introduction to right proper chain-grinding, thanks to my fellow Warshingtonians for stickin' it out 'til the end with me for the third year in a row, and thanks to anybody I missed for whatever it was I missed 'em for. That was, as anticipated, a hoot and a holler. You better believe I'll be there for the next one.

Prizes? Sweet! :laugh: Got to stop by anyway, and give you back you T27. Was cleaning the crap out of my car today and found it had stowed away with my gear:D

Jenny was glad to hear everyone enjoyed the muffins!:msp_thumbup:

Please tell your wife thanks for the delicious muffins! It was good to meet you too.
Hope to see you again and maybe meet the wife.

Tarzan Trees starts our Saturday out.

Points deducted for failure to cock the hat!

[video=youtube_share;UsujakH-xvw]http://youtu.be/UsujakH-xvw[/video]

Youtube only took an hour and a half to download this :smile2:

hell nor high water will keep me away for the nextone . a tree dumpin gtg is a whole lot better than cookie cuttin. glad everone had a good time and made it home safe.

Latest posts

Back