NYC central park job opening.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Central Park is a fantastic place to work on trees, I worked for the city in 80's and took my civil service test in a big red oak in central park. There was a lot of crime and vandalism in certain areas but it has improved a lot since I left. If you really want to get some sticker shock check out the real estate prices for homes or apartments around central park. :eek: I can assure you with what they will pay you and the cost of living you will not be walking to work.:D

Originally posted by Dadatwins
There was a lot of crime and vandalism in certain areas but it has improved a lot since I left.
Are you sure that's what you want to be saying?  hahaha

Glen

Originally posted by glens
Are you sure that's what you want to be saying?  hahaha

Glen

Yikes, I guess that came out like I was the cause of it, didn't it?
:rolleyes:

That's what I get for posting in the AM before the caffeine has hit.
:p

Last edited:
I guess all the buzz around New York City right now is the opening of a huge display of 7,500 billowing, saffron-colored "gates" in Central Park, designed by the eccentric Parisian husband/wife team of artists, the Christos.

Now, Jack and Tony, that you are working there full time, I wonder if you have a comment on this rather bold and audacious spectacle?

Does this ambitious 25 million dollar display give some redeeming value to the park, or Is Frederick Law Ohmstead, the original designer of the park, turning in his grave?

Well thankfully the gates are coming down. We can get back to work as normal. A major inconvenience to us tree guys and in no way art. It's a good thing art is a personal thing..... :dizzy:

Tony

Latest posts

Back