nys dec regulating firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bill's firewood

bill's firewood

ArboristSite Lurker
havent posted in a while but thought id throw this out to fellow arboristsite members and see what would come of it. In case you havent heard ,june 3rd the nys dec put emergency legislation into effect regarding the sale,transportation of firewood. it can be found at the nysdec website. pretty explicite and serious. They feel they can regulate the ash bug this way. Great idea but didnt work in ohio or michigan.What it will accomplish is complete regulation of firewood market in new york state. Not real happy but new it was coming.Cant wait to see how they effectivley enforce this one,lot of ol timers pay there bills w firewd money. Glad its a hobby for me not a way of life.

mga

wandering
havent posted in a while but thought id throw this out to fellow arboristsite members and see what would come of it. In case you havent heard ,june 3rd the nys dec put emergency legislation into effect regarding the sale,transportation of firewood. it can be found at the nysdec website. pretty explicite and serious. They feel they can regulate the ash bug this way. Great idea but didnt work in ohio or michigan.What it will accomplish is complete regulation of firewood market in new york state. Not real happy but new it was coming.Cant wait to see how they effectivley enforce this one,lot of ol timers pay there bills w firewd money. Glad its a hobby for me not a way of life.

i read that in sunday's paper.....isn't it for like 90 days only?

JLROOT

JLROOT

ArboristSite Operative
Yea it hasn't worked in OH either. So do you think they will lift the restriction after the infestation affects all counties. Hell no! It has helped the campfirewood sellers. The price went from $2.50 to $4 in a lot of places for a little bundle of kindling. As for firewood sales, I do not see much profit with fuel prices to deliver 3 counties away. In OH we are still allowed to move within unaffected counties. I don't know about everywhere else.

Latest posts