O64 Flooding Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzaffuto

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help on the chain lube issue. By the way this was my Dad's saw. NOW I fixed that and this morning I go to start and it floods out with no choke. It has a Walbro carb on it and I took it apart to see if I had a bad needle valve. The metal disk diaphram sits on top of the needle valve lever. Is this correct? My 041 has a groove that fits into the corresponding slot on the needle valve lever arm. Just wondering if my needle valve is not closing all the way. Anybody have a good IPL that shows how this carb is supposed to go together? Not positive it's even the carb. Thanks for any help on the flooding issue.

Yes, it can just sit on top if there is NO slot in the knob beneath the disk.

The simplest way is just pressure test the fuel inlet to the carb - it should hold 15lb all day long.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great picture. When I reassemble the carb I can feel the diaphragm pushing down on the lever that holds the inlet needle. Also, I can blow into the fuel inlet and hear a slight amount of air going through the carb. This saw has always been hard to start and flooded easily without choke. I haven't owned this saw for long so I'm sure somebody else has been into it. Could I have the wrong diaphram or am I supposed to bend the needle valve arm down to get a tight seal?

The arm must set exactly as required by walbro. They have a little tool ($4) to help with this but it's mostly either even with the top of a carb or level with the bosses in the bottom of the chamber.

Your problem is likely the needle valve - buy a new carb kit - $6-$12, depending where you get it. If your needle seat is worn (unlikely), time for a new carb.

The needle does not seat properly....it should not leak when blowing in the inlet tube.
Either the seat is gummed up or the lever assembly is not set right(too high).....i dont know how you did the test but if you left the diaphragm in place and if it is old/stiff ...it will shrikk a bit with time an put more pressure on the needle valve .

I would soak the carb in solvent....cleaned the seat/needle....blow compressed air in the inlet tube on both sides ...reinstall and adjust the diaphragm lever as per spec by bending the tip of the control arm that touches the diaphragm..(usually flush with the casing with a straight edge)...make sure the tank is really clean.....and do the same process with the "H" and "L" needle jets.

Alain,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back