Oaks and acorns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormman62

Reaction score
I was wondering why my oak trees around my home are dropping large amounts of acorns this year.. The last few years this hasent happened.. The trees look healty they are tall 60+ ft and the leaves are green.......Why the large amount of acorns? Thanks for any help..

Could be a cyclical thing, this is just a bumper crop.

What species of oak is it?

Was the weather better this year then the last few?

Look at the tips of the twigs, you can see the growth increment from this year. Is it the same as that past few?

Are the leaves relatively the same size as usual?

Watch it next year.

I will say one thing here about the cycle thing ....I watch everything,from you at the mall to the passing woods from my truck,don't know why,it's just something I do. I would make a good cop and again that is something I would NEVER do.My point is that on my property EVERYTHING seems to really be doing well these past few years.The turkey pop. is up,Quail(Bobwhite),and trees as well.I'm seeing a lot of acorns this year and that will mean more animals feeding on them.I do feed wildlife all year but this is going on everywhere in N.Florida.Old Cedars and Mimosa trees in my area have taken a few punches,wind and dehydration.BUT, my all time favorite,the snake,is slowly disappearing in my neck of the woods.I won't get started on them,but I love'em and no I have not had a wreak ever,but will probably wreak tommorow watching for one to be crossing,they'er on the move as we speak you know, and to all of you snake killers out there,educate yourself and lighten up on the snakes.Peace-Love and Snakes baby.............now back to the trees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back